Ryu

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A.R.K.

Ken,

Perhaps, perhaps not. Your comment is easy to make and hard to verify however, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and let the matter pass. I also have 'been there'. Not a difficult feat in today's world unfortunately.

:asian:

R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by Mya Ryu Jitsu
Ken,

Perhaps, perhaps not. Your comment is easy to make and hard to verify

Like so many other claims made on this board.;)

KennethKu

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ken,

Perhaps, perhaps not. Your comment is easy to make and hard to verify however, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and let the matter pass. I also have 'been there'. Not a difficult feat in today's world unfortunately.

I am not particularly proud of it. I didn't bring it up as a brag. As I have mentioned, it ain't the smartest thing to do. I would rather forget the whole thing.

A

A.R.K.

RSK,

You have to admit though that your 'constructive critisism' is being met favorably by me. I don't mind being educated...I just don't like being 'pushed'. In that light we have decided to adopt a name that has no Asian influence so as not to be grammatically incorrect. Simply an American name. Same system, same training, same target audience just a different name, rank structure, titles etc. In this way we can show pride in our country as well as respect those in which we have recieved training i.e America, Asia, Canada, Europe and the Middle East.

We are not going to stress or use belt ranks or terms, rather the training itself will be the only focus. An individual will be either a practitioner or an Instructor. We hardly wore belts anyway.

As I've said, anymore I honestly don't put any stock in anyone's rank. I don't say this out of disrespect to anyone. But let's be honest, what the wall candy says doesn't necessarily relate to teaching ability or practical ability in a real world altercation. I still 'stand by' my wall candy...but it is where it belongs, in a box. I feel my teaching skill should speak for me in training not paper on the wall. That is just my opinion and where I'm at in this period of my life. Anybody can challenge anyone's 'credentials' but it is another thing entirely with actual skill. Seeing is truly believing and I prefer to let my skill and teaching ability speak for me.

I will thank you RSK and several of the others sincerely for assisting with the direction we have taken. Hopefully we can coexist here in peace and perhaps continue to learn what is offered by each other.

I've asked Bob to perhaps change my screen name to reflect the new one. Peace :asian:

A

A.R.K.

Ken,

I'm all for letting all hard feelings pass. Life is to short. I hold no ill will towards anyone and have thanked many when I felt it appropriate. I have tried to listen to constructive critisism when given sincerely. I have adjusted when appropriate.

I feel my background is solid, my credentials valid. And yes...I've been stubborn towards some. But I would rather let my posts and my actions speak for me. I'm not perfect but then no one is. Things lately seem to have been going peacfully and positively...I'd like to see the trend continue and contribute to it as well.

Take care.

R

RyuShiKan

We are not going to stress or use belt ranks or terms, rather the training itself will be the only focus. An individual will be either a practitioner or an Instructor. We hardly wore belts anyway.

Really?

Then why the belts (and patches) from the following photos taken from you website? Gotta love those patches......gives it that NASCAR look. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• $craine.jpg
    $craine.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 135
R

RyuShiKan

this is you with a belt on, isn't it?

Attachments

• $shultz2.jpg
    $shultz2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 137
C

chufeng

RSK,

Nice???...

...but, since MRJ is still in transition it is unlikely that he has recent photos for his web-page...

Give him enough time to tie up the loose ends.

chufeng

C

chufeng

MRJ...

If you would close the distance between you and the bad guy, you would have a more effective technique...

Yes, you apparently got it...but a trained individual would be out of that in less than a second...way too much room...

chufeng

R

RyuShiKan

As I've said, anymore I honestly don't put any stock in anyone's rank.

I still find your statement ironic since you claim to have some of the highest dubious rank on this board…….and not just in a single art. So for not putting much “stock” in rank you sure do claim a lot of it.

But let's be honest, ………

You mean you weren’t being honest before………….

what the wall candy says doesn't necessarily relate to teaching ability or practical ability in a real world altercation.

In most dojo where it is earned over years of practice, as opposed to getting it from your friends, it does have “some” correlation to ability.

I still 'stand by' my wall candy...but it is where it belongs, in a box.

What is all that stuff in the background?
Looks like the “wall candy” escaped from it’s box.:eek:

Attachments

• $sherburn.jpg
    $sherburn.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 123
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by chufeng
MRJ...

If you would close the distance between you and the bad guy, you would have a more effective technique...

Yes, you apparently got it...but a trained individual would be out of that in less than a second...way too much room...

chufeng

Agreed. You also might want to place your arms closer to your body because the farther you are out stretched the weaker your arms are and the less torque you can use with your torso………also stand up a bit straighter or you will get cracked in the face for sure. This is yet another reason I doubt your claims to rank, you claim a 5th dan, 7th dan and an 8th dan and yet haven’t got the very basic body mechanics, and distancing to deliver a “white belt” level technique………which that is in many styles.

A

A.R.K.

Well some people are just a-holes no matter how nice you try to be to them...and yes RSK I'm talking about you.

Chufeng is correct in that the pictures are old ones, years old in some cases. The patches on some of their uniforms were for demonstrations. The 'wall candy' in the background has nothing to do with me or the class. That is when we trained at the F.O.P. lodge [Fraternal Order of Police]. They had a car entered in the local races and had trophies and other trinkets displayed. We only used the room for training...the decorations were theirs!

The belts were worn for the photos..we didn't wear them normally. At the time we wanted a martial arts atmosphere, we no longer do.

The photo is merely demonstrating a shoulder lock 'in process' not complete. I know how to take someone down with a shoulder lock, I've been doing so for over a decade. Completed he would be flat on the ground.

I've tried to be nice. I've tried to get along. I've looked for peace. I've complimented when appropriate. Chufeng, I've got no problem with you. RSK your an idiot. Mods forgive me, but enough is enough...he's an idiot.

You don't like me RSK...to damn bad. You don't like my credentials..who cares? Your a dojo warrior with a big mouth and a lousy attitude. To me your the wanna-be because I doubt you have little if any real world experience. You just stick to your little dojo and your little criticisms and do what you do best bad mouth people rather than look to the positive and seek peace.

Your the real joke :mad:

C

chufeng

I don't want to debate rank again...

I do think that a trained individual would have ZERO daylight between himself and the bad guy, though...

The more training, the more rank, the less distance...

Simplify...simplify...

...as the body becomes weaker, one needs to use the advantage of leverage and being centered...do not extend your arms...bring all techniques back to your own center...that is how to control someone when you are an old broken down fart like me...:p

chufeng

C

chufeng

MRJ,

The belts were worn for the photos..we didn't wear them normally.

I don't really care how you want to rank you, or your students...

BUT, wearing a belt has a purpose...a VERY IMPORTANT purpose...

...it teaches you HOW to breathe...

The breath controls the action...if your breathing is wrong, your technique is wrong...the belts are a way to teach breathing...rank??? every student KNOWS who his teacher is.

chufeng

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The belts were worn for the photos..we didn't wear them normally. At the time we wanted a martial arts atmosphere, we no longer do.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with belts... make them all the same color, if you want to do away with rank, but belts are meant to be training tools. Without a belt, learning proper breath control is considerably more difficult.

The photo is merely demonstrating a shoulder lock 'in process' not complete. I know how to take someone down with a shoulder lock, I've been doing so for over a decade. Completed he would be flat on the ground.

Either way, in progress or complete, there is too much air between you. The person in question has plenty of opportunity at that transition point to escape. At the point in the picture, it looks like all that is being manipulated with any great degree of discomfort is the wrist - the should still has mobility. Controlling his descent by being right next to him will help to accelerate his facial meeting with the pavement.

Just my thoughts as a beginner.

Gambarimasu.

A

A.R.K.

Chufeng and Yiliquan 1,

I don't think we are on the same sheet of music here. What picture are you talking about? Your talking wrist I'm talking shoulder lock....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions