Rush vs. Maher

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a question. If you are upset with Rush, and want his sponsors to stop advertising on his show, are you also going to demand that Obama return the 1 million dollars from bill maher for comments made against Sarah Palin and any contribution given to obama by anyone who used insulting language about the Palin family? Will you also cancel your HBO and call the sponsors of any network who accepts the advertising of HBO? Hmmm...and interesting double standard isn't it?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just a question. If you are upset with Rush, and want his sponsors to stop advertising on his show, are you also going to demand that Obama return the 1 million dollars from bill maher for comments made against Sarah Palin and any contribution given to obama by anyone who used insulting language about the Palin family? Will you also cancel your HBO and call the sponsors of any network who accepts the advertising of HBO? Hmmm...and interesting double standard isn't it?
People expect that from Bill Maher. There are plenty of other programs on HBO that do worse than Rush or Maher; so, its a bit more like apples and oranges.
Sean

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I recall being appalled - and outwardly so - when Maher insluted Palin. It debases the argument and the arguer.

Maher is a private citizen and is allowed to make whatever contribution to whatever campaign he wishes. Obama didn't call anyone a slut, so ... he should be slighted Maher's campaign money ... why? I'm sure Limburger will be donating to someone's campaign. Not gonna demand those dollars back either, so ....

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Both of them have issues. Both have egoes than are over-porportioned to thier actual intelligence and no filter between those ego driven brains and thier mouths. Keep in mind, I don't think either are stupid, just they have egoes that big.

Latest Discussions