Romney Picks Paul Ryan...

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is why men of science should never be put in charge of government. Common sense is beyond them.

That's why the ERWFLF should never be put in charge of government. Common sense is beyond them.

But at least science has some objective evidence in it's favor, so I'll stick with that, instead of "because I told you so!"

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yet, in the case of sex, there are multiple ways to fulfil your responsibility, beyond babies and abstention. Forcing everyone, by law, to run your way, regardless of, and especially beyond, their ability to bear it, is punishment.

So expecting people to live responsibily is a punishment. I didnt say they need to be abstinent. I said if you choose to have sex you need to except the outcome. If your not willing to take the outcome be it a baby, AIDS, herps, ect then you should not engage in the act. Have all the sex you want if you can deal with the results. If your ability is not able to bear the outcome I guess you need to find another way to get your umm sexual release. There are other ways to enjoy someones company without intercourse.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Again-and the point I've been trying to make scientifically, not what is "human" or a "person"- you can't call it a "baby" or a "child," because it is not. It's a fetus. If it's a less than 21 week fetus, it can never be a "child" ex-utero....for now.
Again nobody tells friends and family guess what were having a fetus. Nobody throws a fetus shower. Its only called a Fetus when you need to justify to yourself why your ok with killing it. When you want to keep it its a baby.

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree with that I just want them to be honest. If its ok with you to kill a baby then fine its ok with you. But dont try to justify it to yourself by making up excuses. "Well Im against abortions but im pro-choice for others" Bull Crap if your keeping abortions legal then your for abortions. Do use arguments like "We will all die anyway so why does it matter if your aborted or live to 80 your still dead" or "Its not a baby its a fetus" Its all to try to make them sleep better at night.

Thats fine if you want Obama care then tell me how we can pay for it? Tell me why My family living on the east coast we all take care of ourselves dont drink or smoke or use drugs should be forced to pay for a crack heads medical insurance in Texas and a drunks liver transplant in California.

Heres the facts you already do pay for the crack heads they don't have insurance the go to the ER all the uninsured go to the ER also insurance companies do not create or administer health care they just mark it up 30% above the cost and after overhead and then try to figure out ways not to pay when you need it all of this costs you in higher charges at the hospitals to make thier costs insurance companies manipulate coverage to force people to go terminal instead of prevention and long term care because it is cheaper so you are in favor of legal killing of seniors and people in general of low income who cannot afford high medical costs?

The real lie is that Obama care will cost more at the end of the day it pays for its self and reduces health care costs will reduce fraud in billing and create competition between the insurance companies to get your business. My wife is in charge of Utilization for a large hospital so I am not pulling this out of my A_____

I think morality begins at home teach daughters not to spread thier legs and not to kill babies and if people really want to save lives offer real alternatives to killing the baby. Here girls have babies all the time and the parents or other famly members want the baby of course there is a huge public assistance net waiting to help them and some even purposley have babies for those who cannot actual abortion does not happen except for fetal abuse drinking drugs and other substances to hurt or abort the baby which if possible they should be prosecuted for.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can I ask, Ballen, why it is that you are so immobile on this matter? Is it personal experience that drives your views?

If that is too prying, do not be afraid to tell me so; it is just that I am intrigued that a man I can agree with so strongly on other matters has views that I really cannot stand with him on in this instance.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Can I ask, Ballen, why it is that you are so immobile on this matter? Is it personal experience that drives your views?

If that is too prying, do not be afraid to tell me so; it is just that I am intrigued that a man I can agree with so strongly on other matters has views that I really cannot stand with him on in this instance.

If you think abortion is the killling of human life that is a matter one should be "mobile" about Suk?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's just it tho', T.G., I do not think you can make the two statements synonymous with each other.

Stabbing a baby through the head with a bayonet is a heinous and despicable act of murder. I would stand shoulder to shoulder with everyone here who holds such a view. Preventing a non-sentient bundle of cells from developing further is an erasure of possibilities and a sad waste of a potential life, true but it is not murder. Surely weighing just when a fetus becomes a human is why there are legal guidelines as to when an abortion can be carried out?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm...where do you stand on third trimester abortions then Sukerkin? At what point do you think it is a human being. I think once the sperm hits the egg, inside the female and cells start to grow, hoila, you have a human being, who, if unmolested, will grow into a larger human being.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Again nobody tells friends and family guess what were having a fetus. Nobody throws a fetus shower. Its only called a Fetus when you need to justify to yourself why your ok with killing it. When you want to keep it its a baby.

Euphamisms do nothing to help your arguement. People also talk about having a 'bun in the oven', but that does not make the fetus some variety of croisant.

I call it an embryo when it's an embryo. I call it a fetus when it's a fetus. These terms have very specific meanings, and they have nothing whatsoever to do with personhood.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of the great lines from Paul Ryan's speech at the convention has been turned into a short video...It is called "The Poster."

Paul Ryan: "College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters"

Last edited by a moderator:

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's just it tho', T.G., I do not think you can make the two statements synonymous with each other.

Stabbing a baby through the head with a bayonet is a heinous and despicable act of murder. I would stand shoulder to shoulder with everyone here who holds such a view. Preventing a non-sentient bundle of cells from developing further is an erasure of possibilities and a sad waste of a potential life, true but it is not murder. Surely weighing just when a fetus becomes a human is why there are legal guidelines as to when an abortion can be carried out?

Except by that magical "viability" threshold of 20 weeks that ball of cells already has all the characteristics of a human being. Face, limbs, brain, heart....

In addition, the following USvstates have no post-viability restrictions whatsoever:

1. Alaska 2. Colorado 3. Hawaii 4. Mississippi 5. New Hampshire 6. New Jersey 7. New Mexico 8. Oregon 9. Vermont 10. West Virginia.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I personally believe life starts at conception. I believe that to my core. Thats the entire point of conception is to produce a human life. It has DNA different from its mother. It is its own being. Sure it cant live on its own but neither can a 2 year old. You leave a 2 year old alone it cant live. So that argument means nothing to me. I believe an abortion is ending the life of a innocent human life.

I actually cant understand how anyone can defend the practice. It bothers me that people can try to twist words around to defend the belief saying oh its not really a baby its a fetus. I believe people use that excuse so they can look themselves in the mirror because deep down inside they know its wrong. Then you get the well Im against abortions but Im pro-choice. If your pro-choice then your pro-abortions but if it helps you sleep at night to twist the words in your head so be it. Stand up and admit what you believe dont try to justify it to me or your self.
Id never let my beliefs stop me from doing my job and Id never condone violence against a clinic or doctor. I Will try to get the law changed and I believe someday it will and like I said before we will look back on this time 100 years from now and be ashamed.

I look at my own chidren and cant imagine why anyone would kill a baby like its nothing.

Ive been in clinics and watched people in the waiting room joking around, like waiting in a line to get into a club. We have a clinic not far from my Police Department and a few times a week a group of about 5 nuns stand on the side walk out front and the have information about other programs (privately funded before I get called big Govt supporter) besides abortion. These nuns dont approach anyone they are not allowed they are just there in case someone wants the informaiton. They dont hold signs they stand there and pray. About once a day someone rides by and throws things at them from cars. Usually food but sometimes batteries and soda cans which have injured these Nuns.

The sad part of it all is not getting pregnant is so easy. You cant suggest it because then Im a EFJSSJJNSNIKSIH or whatever the letters were. Your punishing people by asking them to use common sence and be responsible. Nevermind the punishment to the baby thats now gone. You cant suggest maybe if your not able to take care of a baby you might need to work on getting yourself in order before you think about having sex.

I know I get crazy on this topic but to me its the biggest mistake we have ever made as a country.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So maybe people should take some responsibility and not get pregnant in the first place. Oh but we can't actually hold people accountable what am I thinking. We can't actually expect people to use there brains and say well I can't really afford a kid and don't really want one guess I better take precautions or if I don't have any guess I better do something other then intercourse.
But its easier to just act like dogs and then kill the baby then actually worry about acting like an adult.

Once again you want to 1. assume everyone who gets pregnant is an adult, 2. assume everyone who gets pregnant gets there from wanton sexual encounters, 3. everyone who gets pregnant has either the education or access to and about appropriate birth control methods and 4. THAT SEX IS NOT PRIMAL - NOR FUN!!! You are trying the same argument that has been tried for as long as people have been on the earth. You know that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results, right?

Sure its called if your so broke you cant afford a baby if one fails then you dont have sex. Its called taking responsibility and knowing what you can and cant do. Its called being an adult.

See above.

Oh people that respect life got it
Funny my mother in law is a total lib voted for obama and shes pro-life strange.

I don't think forced reproduction is a respect for life.

I agree with that I just want them to be honest. If its ok with you to kill a baby then fine its ok with you. But dont try to justify it to yourself by making up excuses. "Well Im against abortions but im pro-choice for others" Bull Crap if your keeping abortions legal then your for abortions. Do use arguments like "We will all die anyway so why does it matter if your aborted or live to 80 your still dead" or "Its not a baby its a fetus" Its all to try to make them sleep better at night.

You don't get to tell me that just because I think women should have access to safe, legal abortions means I am pro-abortion. I'm pro-free speech too, but I despise White Supremacy parades. I get to because it's my brain and my body.

Thats fine if you want Obama care then tell me how we can pay for it? Tell me why My family living on the east coast we all take care of ourselves dont drink or smoke or use drugs should be forced to pay for a crack heads medical insurance in Texas and a drunks liver transplant in California.

This? from someone who claims to have respect for life? Horse droppings. Perhaps the Bible might have words about this?

Deuteronomy 15:11(#2 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]11[/SUP] There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Psalm 82:3-4 (#3 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]3[/SUP] Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. [SUP]4[/SUP] Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Proverbs 14:31(#4 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]31[/SUP] He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.
Proverbs 19:1 (#5 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]1[/SUP] Better a poor man whose walk is blameless than a fool whose lips are perverse.
Proverbs 19:17(#6 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]17[/SUP] He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Proverbs 21:13(#7 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]13[/SUP] If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.
Proverbs 22:2 (#8 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]2[/SUP] Rich and poor have this in common: The LORD is the Maker of them all.
Proverbs 29:7 (#9 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]7[/SUP] The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.
Job 30:25 (#10 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]25[/SUP] Have I not wept for those in trouble? Has not my soul grieved for the poor?
Isaiah 61:1(#11 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]1[/SUP] The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners...
Jeremiah 22:16(#12 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]16[/SUP] He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD.
Zechariah 7:10(#13 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]10[/SUP] Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.'
Matthew 5:3(#14 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]3[/SUP]"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 25:37-40(#15 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]37[/SUP]"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? [SUP]38[/SUP]When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? [SUP]39[/SUP]When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'[SUP]40[/SUP]"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Mark 10:21(#16 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]21[/SUP]Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Luke 12:33(#17 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]33[/SUP]Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
Luke 14:12-14 (#18 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]12[/SUP]Then Jesus said to his host, "When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. [SUP]13[/SUP]But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind,[SUP]14[/SUP]and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."
1 Corinthians 13:3 (#19 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]3[/SUP]If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,but have not love, I gain nothing.
James 2:5 (#20 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]5[/SUP]Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

What was that you were saying about respecting life?

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, all those bible quotes are essentially saying, protect the poor. Hmmm...it occurs to me that a baby about to be aborted is about as poor as you are ever going to get...you're telling us we need to protect them?

Hmmm...I don't think you can find any passage in the bible where Jesus says..."and if you do not want a child, take it and kill it, for your needs come first." Hmmmm...just saying.

I don't think having a woman carry an innocent baby to term, which she can then give over to an adoption agency, is forced reproduction...that is called saving a life. Forced reproduction is what guys like clinton did, even if it didn't lead to a pregnancy.

I wonder if this one applies to an unborn human being...

[SUP]37[/SUP]"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? [SUP]38[/SUP]When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? [SUP]39[/SUP]When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'[SUP]40[/SUP]"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Soooo...saving the life of an unborn baby is ..."whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

I don't think you can get any more "least" than an unwanted baby about to be aborted...do you?

Sukerkin

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you for elaborating, Ballen :bows:. I disagree with you but respect the strength of your views - and the strength of your duty in your 'day job' too.

These nuns dont approach anyone they are not allowed they are just there in case someone wants the informaiton. They dont hold signs they stand there and pray. About once a day someone rides by and throws things at them from cars. Usually food but sometimes batteries and soda cans which have injured these Nuns.

That is just so wrong - by coincidence I was saying something along similar lines today with regard to how churches now have to have wire mesh screens over their stained glass windows because yobs will otherwise smash them. Utterly disagreeing with a group of peoples faith is no reason to harm either them or their property.

I know I get crazy on this topic but to me its the biggest mistake we have ever made as a country.

We all have our hot-button issues and I think we all get a little embarrassed at our passion about them sometimes - I know I have and do :nods:.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Forced reproduction"? Unless we are discussing Rape pregnancy....which accounts for statistically few abortions, I think you are misusing the term. The reproduction has alredy started. If anything they would have to complete what they started...

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ballen doesn't have anything to be embarrassed about in his "passion" about protecting unborn babies. Wanting to Save an innocent human life is not something that should lead to embarrassment.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
This is why men of science should never be put in charge of government. Common sense is beyond them.

When I first moved to Los Alamos, there was an argument-led by several prominent scientists-raging about whether or not to include "intelligent design" in the curriculum at local schools.

There are also several scientists in town who show up to work in their pajamas,or can't balance their checkbooks-and who are surprised by mnemonics that help people tie shoes......

No, the truth is that there is nothing "common," about common sense-though, in my own performance appraisals, much has been made about my "common sense approach," and "homespun wisdom."

In any case, we've had four men who qualified as "men of science" as presidents. Two were Jefferson and John Adams, and two were Hoover and Carter.

So, men of science are batting about .350 as president:Jefferson good, Adams effective but scary, Hoover and Carter ineffective and "the suck." Interestingly, the most ineffective president of the lot was the most effective as a man of science, Herbert Hoover, who made a rather huge fortune for himself as a mining engineer....

In any case, there is nothing "common," about "common sense." And there is no common sense to calling a fetus a "baby." It's purely an emotional decision, based entirely on whether one wants to "have a baby" or not.In fact, I'd probably insist that anyone who calls such a thing a matter of common sense is clearly lacking in any sense, common, scientific or otherwise-they're pretty much an outright moron, but they don't need me to say so-everything they say for themselves is pretty convincing on that account.

Whether a woman has an abortion by choice at 15 weeks, or has a miscarriage sitting on the toilet at 15 weeks, the fetus will not live, because it can't.It's not a "baby". It's not a "child." It's a fetus, and one completely incapable of breathing air-it actually has been "breathing" for a few weeks, but amniotic fluid-it's lungs aren't ready for air, and it's gonna die in the air, dammit.

Not a baby.

Not a child.

Never gonna get to be a baby or a child. Never more than a fetus.

To not accept these fundamental facts is to lack "common sense," which is perfectly natural in an emotional or philosophical reactionary argument.

QED. (Just to get all scientific on y'all...:lfao: )

$common_sense_god_damn_super_power.jpg

Attachments

• $xommonawnaw.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 118

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Once again you want to 1. assume everyone who gets pregnant is an adult, 2. assume everyone who gets pregnant gets there from wanton sexual encounters, 3. everyone who gets pregnant has either the education or access to and about appropriate birth control methods and 4. THAT SEX IS NOT PRIMAL - NOR FUN!!! You are trying the same argument that has been tried for as long as people have been on the earth. You know that the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results, right?

See above.
1. Again responsibility. If your not an adult then you shouldnt be having sex and if you do it changes nothing you need to take responsibility for the results. If your a minor then your family needs to assume responsibility as well. I will teach my kids about responsibility but if they dont act in that manner then as a parent its not MY responsibility to take care of the baby. Some where along the way we lost the idea that we are parents and when our kids screw up we are responsibile.
2. we doing the Rape argument again huh. Ok that covers about 35000 abortions a year out of the 1.2 million that happen. Either way again the baby did nothing wrong and does not deserve to die. Is it fair to the mom nope thats life. It sucks but even if the exception for rape was made how do you condone the rest?
3. Well see that goes back to the responsibility thing again I know being responsible sucks. If your not smart enough to know hmm if I have sex I might get pregnant or I might get someone pregnant and I dont want that so maybe I shouldnt have sex. Damn that responsibility.
4. Its very fun and Im not telling anyone they cant. Im saying if you do you need to be ready for the outcome. It coould be a baby it could be an STD whatever it is you need to be ready. Maybe if it wasnt so easy to just hop on down to the clinic and kill a abay people would be more responsible.

I don't think forced reproduction is a respect for life.

Im not forcing anyone to do anything if you choose to have sex be responsible for the outcome. Again not getting pregnant is so easy.

You don't get to tell me that just because I think women should have access to safe, legal abortions means I am pro-abortion. I'm pro-free speech too, but I despise White Supremacy parades. I get to because it's my brain and my body.
See I do get to tell you. I get to tell you want ever I want. I get to believe what ever I want. Just like your free to not listen or disagree with me all you want. Im por-free speech too see.

This? from someone who claims to have respect for life? Horse droppings. Perhaps the Bible might have words about this?

Deuteronomy 15:11(#2 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]11[/SUP] There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Psalm 82:3-4 (#3 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]3[/SUP] Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. [SUP]4[/SUP] Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Proverbs 14:31(#4 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]31[/SUP] He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.
Proverbs 19:1 (#5 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]1[/SUP] Better a poor man whose walk is blameless than a fool whose lips are perverse.
Proverbs 19:17(#6 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]17[/SUP] He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.
Proverbs 21:13(#7 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]13[/SUP] If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.
Proverbs 22:2 (#8 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]2[/SUP] Rich and poor have this in common: The LORD is the Maker of them all.
Proverbs 29:7 (#9 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]7[/SUP] The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.
Job 30:25 (#10 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]25[/SUP] Have I not wept for those in trouble? Has not my soul grieved for the poor?
Isaiah 61:1(#11 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]1[/SUP] The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners...
Jeremiah 22:16(#12 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]16[/SUP] He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" declares the LORD.
Zechariah 7:10(#13 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]10[/SUP] Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other.'
Matthew 5:3(#14 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]3[/SUP]"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mark 10:21(#16 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]21[/SUP]Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
Luke 12:33(#17 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]33[/SUP]Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys.
Luke 14:12-14 (#18 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]12[/SUP]Then Jesus said to his host, "When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. [SUP]13[/SUP]But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind,[SUP]14[/SUP]and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."
1 Corinthians 13:3 (#19 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]3[/SUP]If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,but have not love, I gain nothing.
James 2:5 (#20 of 20 Bible Verses about the Poor)
[SUP]5[/SUP]Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

What was that you were saying about respecting life?
Thats why I DONATE alot of money. Still didnt tell me how we are supposed to pay for it. Thats why places like Shriners Hospital and St Judes Hospitals exist. Nowhwere does the bible tell us we need a Govt to take care of us. It says we need to take care of each other. Maybe if i paid less in taxes I could donate even more and we could open more and more hospitals for the poor, you know like the bible says we should.

Latest Discussions