Rokas Is Coming for the Military

angelariz

Green Belt
Reaction score
Military doesn't train h2h at the boot camp level. Not every soldier gets the advanced h2h combatives.
I spent 11 years in the Army. Pull trigger, pull lanyards, things go boom.

angelariz

Green Belt
Reaction score

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. A lot of it is rubbish.

Scars is a really good example.

All magic instructors and the deadly streets.

(By the way. The cost. My God what are they doing? )
I don't know a lot about the SCARS system, but it may be worth noting that this video was made almost 20 years after the Navy stopped teaching SCARS. I wonder if the original system may have been more focused on simpler fundamentals, as most military combatives systems are. This video may be indicative of what the system has become after years of being marketed to civilians as an ultra-deadly secret elite military system along with the need of the founder to present his product as being more effective than the modern MMA which didn't exist when he first created it.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about the SCARS system, but it may be worth noting that this video was made almost 20 years after the Navy stopped teaching SCARS. I wonder if the original system may have been more focused on simpler fundamentals, as most military combatives systems are. This video may be indicative of what the system has become after years of being marketed to civilians as an ultra-deadly secret elite military system along with the need of the founder to present his product as being more effective than the modern MMA which didn't exist when he first created it.

There isn't much footage of scars. But here is the earlier stuff?

D

Deleted member 39746

The saving grace i have heard from SCARS is its psych compotent, its incorporated and may be on point. But needless to say, what the military gets and what you get decades later are not likely to be the same thing, second could be agreements that they literally cant. Hell, you could in all possibility get a better programe than the miltiary as the orgnisation isnt choked by otuside polcies and proceedures etc.

I wish somone would review SCARS, i was planning on doing it sometime but i dont have the resources, forttidue or assets to do it. (woudl require drudging up compotent persons in many fields and probbly several thousand dollars for the system, then maybe legal fees for the sueing likelyhood)

Latest Discussions