Robert Palmer passes on

P

pknox

From the Associated Press...

Rock singer Robert Palmer, known for his sharp suits and hits including "Addicted to Love," died Friday in Paris of a heart attack, his manager said. He was 54.

Palmer was on a two-day break in Paris following a television recording session in Britain, his manager Mick Carter said from the French capital.

In the 1980s, Palmer became a superstar with singles which also included "Simply Irresistible" - accompanied by slick videos featuring the smartly dressed Palmer with a back-up band of attractive women, all in black outfits and glossy makeup.

A side project, Power Station, formed in 1985 with John Taylor and Andy Taylor of '80s supergroup Duran Duran, scored three U.S. Top 10 hits, including "Communication" and "Get it On."

The son of a British naval officer, Palmer was a member of several British rock bands before he hit the big time as a solo artist.

He had lived in Switzerland for the past 16 years.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it just me, or does it seem a lot of famous people have died lately? Maybe I'm just getting old and starting to notice it more, but I don't remember so many going in so short a time before.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another good musician gone!

George Plimpton also died today (or, his death was announced today).

Phil Elmore

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Not since the passing of "Falco" has the music industry been so shaken. :rolleyes:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, Sad news, yet I find ti hard to beleive no mention to his work in the 70's

:( :asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
Those girls in his 80's music videos were hot, even though they didn't really play the guitars.

There were Guitars?

Wow, that is news to me :D

PS: pknox, thanks for the link. :)

Latest Discussions