Survey

B

BMDIronFist

Hello list members, I am doing some research and would like your help.

If you could, would you please answer the following questions and send them to me at [email protected] or you can post below.

I will share my results with all interested parties.

1. Do you study martial arts right now?
a) if so which one?

a1) is so, what do you enjoy about your training?

b) if not, what is your interest in martial arts, how can training help you?

2. If you have been training, how has it helped your life? What have you gained from training?

3. What do you think of when you hear the word ninja?

4. Do you know what ninjutsu or ninpo is? If so, what comes to mind?

5. What do you think of when you hear the word Samurai?

6. Do you know what no holds barred fighting is? If so, what comes to mind?

7. Describe a martial arts master.

8. What do you look for in a martial arts teacher?

9.What is a fair price in your opinion for martial arts lessons?

10. What are the best hours for you to train?

11. Can you train on weekends? If so what are the best times?

12. Have you had bad experiences in the martial arts before? If so, please describe.

13. What is the biggest hurdle for you in continuing martial arts training?

14. In order of importance, 1 being not important at all, 5 being important, and 10 being most important, please list the following:

Instructor can fight well
instructor is personable
instructor is a good teacher
Dojo is modern
students are frinedly
competing in events
belts

Thank you for answering these questions and helping me with this research!

-Richard

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Since I kindly filled out this survey, I've received several martial arts related spam mails, quoted for your pleasure below.

Since I don't put my actual e-mail address anywhere near the web except where I trust it won't be sold on/given to advertising companies, I'm assuming that you've forwarded it to some interestd parties against my wishes. Indeed, I received no spam whatsoever unil very recently on my personal e-mail account, and was wondering what had triggered the influx.

If this is the case, please remove it from their databases, I assume you still have it in your records,

SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam. The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details: (7.5 hits, 3 required)
SPAM: Hit! (2.7 points) BODY: Claims you can be removed from the list
SPAM: Hit! (1.3 points) BODY: I wonder how many emails they sent in error...
SPAM: Hit! (0.1 points) BODY: List removal information
SPAM: Hit! (1.3 points) URI: Includes a 'remove' email address
SPAM: Hit! (2.1 points) BODY: FONT Size +2 and up or 3 and up
SPAM: Hit! (0.0 points) BODY: Includes a URL link to send an email
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_00009440-000014FC-1C3F987F-AC46
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_00009440-000014FC-1C3F987F-3A3B"

------=_NextPart_00009440-000014FC-1C3F987F-3A3B
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Konnichiwa Fellow Martial Artist,
=A0
Have you been searching for a reliable source of Japanese Tabi, high =
quality weapons and other training supplies?
=A0
Do you spend your money on inferior high priced tabi and uniforms only to =
have them disintegrate after a week?
=A0
We offer High Quality Indoort and Outdoor tabi, Kyahan, Tekko, and many =
other items such as kamidana supplies imported directly from Japan.
=A0
Just added in time for Christmas !!!
=A0
=A0=A0Rikio Spark Jikatabi - High quality Leather construction worn by =
grandmasters around the world.
=A0
=A0=A0Daruma - Start the new year off with good fortune.=A0 A great gift =
idea for students, instructors, or a gift to the dojo.
=A0
=A0=A0Kamidana Candles - Two sizes for 15 minute and 60 minute burn times.
=A0
Check all of our products out at www.ipponsupplies.com
=A0
We ship all over the world and even offer overnight shipping.
=A0
Order in bulk and save even more.
=A0
Good training to all. We look forward to hearing from you.
=A0
=A0IpponSupplies.com staff
www.ipponsupplies.com
=A0
=A0
If you received this e-mail in error and wish to be removed from our =
mailing list please reply to [email protected] with a subject =
Remove and we will remove you from our mailing list.
=A0
=A0

------=_NextPart_00009440-000014FC-1C3F987F-3A3B
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD>
<BASEFONT FACE=3D"Arial" SIZE=3D"2" COLOR=3D"#000000">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<div><b>Konnichiwa Fellow Martial Artist,</b></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Have you been searching for a reliable source of <b>Japanese Tabi, =
high quality weapons and other training supplies?</b></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Do you spend your money on inferior high priced tabi and uniforms =
only to have them disintegrate after a week?</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><b>We offer High Quality Indoort and Outdoor tabi, Kyahan, Tekko, =
and many other items such as kamidana supplies imported directly from =
Japan.</b></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><b>Just added in time for Christmas !!!</b></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;</b><b><u>Rikio Spark Jikatabi</u></b><b> - High =
quality Leather construction worn by grandmasters around the =
world.</b></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;</b><b><u>Daruma</u></b><b> - Start the new year off =
with good fortune.&nbsp; A great gift idea for students, instructors, or =
a gift to the dojo.</b></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;</b><b><u>Kamidana Candles</u></b><b> - Two sizes for =
15 minute and 60 minute burn times.</b></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Check all of our products out at<A =
HREF=3D"http://www.ipponsupplies.com"> www.ipponsupplies.com</A></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>We ship all over the world and even offer overnight shipping.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Order in bulk and save even more.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Good training to all. We look forward to hearing from you.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;<b><i><FONT SIZE=3D3>IpponSupplies.com =
staff</FONT></i></b></div>
<div><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.ipponsupplies.com">www.ipponsupplies.com</A></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div><FONT SIZE=3D1>If you received this e-mail in error and wish to be =
removed from our mailing list please reply to </FONT><A =
HREF=3D"mailto:[email protected]"><FONT =
SIZE=3D1>[email protected]</FONT></A><FONT SIZE=3D1> with a =
subject </FONT><FONT SIZE=3D1 COLOR=3D"#FF0000">Remove</FONT><FONT =
SIZE=3D1> and we will remove you from our mailing list.</FONT></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</BODY></HTML>

SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam. The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details: (4.2 hits, 3 required)
SPAM: Hit! (1.0 point) From: ends in numbers
SPAM: Hit! (0.5 points) BODY: A WHOLE LINE OF YELLING DETECTED
SPAM: Hit! (0.6 points) BODY: 2 WHOLE LINES OF YELLING DETECTED
SPAM: Hit! (-1.5 points) BODY: 3 WHOLE LINES OF YELLING DETECTED
SPAM: Hit! (-0.4 points) BODY: Contains a line >=199 characters long
SPAM: Hit! (2.1 points) BODY: FONT Size +2 and up or 3 and up
SPAM: Hit! (1.9 points) Subject is all capitals
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------

--0-488198903-1070394180=:14002
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

aloha

We're inviting you to join our new group...

'HISTORY OF MARTIAL ARTS IN HAWAII' http://groups.yahoo.com/group/historyofmartialartsinhawaii/

Every pic has captions telling about it and the RICH culture and history of martial arts in Hawaii. There is something for everyone...BOXING, WRESTLING, JUDO, JIU-JITSU, AIKIDO, KENPO, KARATE, GUNG FU, KALI/ESCRIMA/ARNIS, KAJUKENBO, LUA, SUMO...

We feature pics and a history of Hawaii's martial arts legends such as, Henry Okazaki, John Kalei Cahill, Bill Ah Moo, Jack Wheat, Willy 'Clipper' Cahill, Charlie Kalani...aka, "Prof Toru Tanaka", Bud Estes, Antone'Tony'Gonzales, Wally Jay, Ramon 'Lono' Ancho Jr., Sig Kufferath, Joe Holck, John Chow-Hoon, Kimo Hatchie, Bing-Fai Lau, Sam Luke, Francisco Limbago, Ray Law, Prof. David Nuuhiwa, Chojun Miyagi, Thomas Shigeru Miyashiro, Tsuyoshi Chitose, James Masayoshi Mitose, Thomas S.H. Young, William K.S.Chow, Woodrow McCandless, Adriano Emperado, Joseph Emperado, Marino Tiwanak, William Q.C. Chun, Jr., Sid Asuncion, Victor 'Sonny' Gascon, Peter Y.Y. Choo, Frank Ordonez, Clarence Chang, Mike Young, Joe Halbuna, Al Dacascos, Charles H. Gaylord, Kalaai Kano Griffin, James Muro, Edmund Kealoha Parker, Ralph Castro, Jaime Abregana, George Lim, Bobby Lowe, Samuel Alama Kuoha, Enson & Egan Inoue, Kevin Asano, Dennis Alexio, Braulio Pedoy, Takashi Nonaka, John Hackleman and many others!

ATTENTION HAWAII MIXED MARTIAL ARTS FANS!!!

BE SURE TO ALSO VISIT...

THE BJ PENN FAN CLUB!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babyjaypennfanclub/

BJ Penn is a MIXED MARTIAL ARTS competitor from Wainaku, Hilo, Hawai'i.
He was the first NON Brazilian, black belt to win the Brazilian jiu-jitsu World Championships('MUNDIALS'), in Rio.

He didnt even have ONE point scored against him in that event! He had to compete against several other expert black belts. Most of them had a LOT more experience than he did.

Next, he was invited to compete in the Ultimate Fighting Championship(UFC), after having only one pro fight!
He has fought in the UFC 3 times last year and has stopped every opponent in the first round!
His 2nd opponent, Din Thomes, was TOP TEN ranked and had already beaten the UFC champion, Jens Pulver, by submission. His 3rd opponent was a former World Shooto Champion and #1 ranked lightweight fighter in the world, Caol Uno.
BJ knocked him out in ELEVEN SECONDS FLAT!
And, I mean OUT!

In his most recent performance he just beat the #2 Lightweight in the world, Takanori Gomi, by rear choke in the 3rd round at Rumble On The Rock 4, in Honolulu, Hawaii! It was only Gomi's (the former SHOOTO World Lightweight Champion), second loss and the first time he has ever been submitted in a fight!

He has been labeled "The Phenom" and "The Prodigy"... Join us and find out why!

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT OUR EXTENSIVE LINKS SECTION!!!

This club we have developed is a tribute to his successes and future successes and, a place where his fans can come together to chat, post pics, talk mma/jiu-jitsu, etc.

Also visit...

Pinoymma.com! Promoting Mixed Martial Arts in the Philippines!!! http://pinoymma.com/portal/index.php

We're sure you'll appreciate them!

much aloha

braddah shano

and

Josh Sojot, Club Founders

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
--0-488198903-1070394180=:14002
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#0000ff size=7><STRONG><EM></EM></STRONG><FONT color=#000000>&nbsp;</FONT></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#0000ff size=7><STRONG><EM>aloha</EM></STRONG></FONT></P>
<P><STRONG><EM>We're inviting you to join our new group...</EM></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG><FONT color=#0000ff><FONT size=4>'HISTORY OF MARTIAL ARTS IN HAWAII' </FONT></FONT></STRONG><STRONG><FONT color=#0000ff>&nbsp;<A href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/historyofmartialartsinhawaii/" target=_blank><FONT face="arial black" color=#0000ff>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/historyofmartialartsinhawaii/</FONT></A></FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG><FONT color=#0000ff>Every pic has captions telling about it and the RICH culture and&nbsp;history of martial arts in Hawaii. There is something for everyone...BOXING, WRESTLING, JUDO, JIU-JITSU, AIKIDO, KENPO,&nbsp;KARATE, GUNG FU, KALI/ESCRIMA/ARNIS, KAJUKENBO, LUA, SUMO...</FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><FONT color=#0000ff><STRONG>We feature pics and a history of Hawaii's&nbsp;martial arts legends such as, <FONT color=#000000><FONT color=#ff0000>Henry Okazaki</FONT>,&nbsp;</FONT></STRONG></FONT><FONT color=#000000>&nbsp;<STRONG>John Kalei Cahill,&nbsp;</STRONG>&nbsp;<STRONG>Bill Ah Moo, Jack Wheat, Willy 'Clipper' Cahill, Charlie Kalani...aka, <FONT color=#ff0000>"Prof Toru Tanaka",</FONT></STRONG> <STRONG>Bud Estes,&nbsp;Antone'Tony'Gonzales, <FONT color=#ff0000>Wally Jay</FONT>, Ramon 'Lono' Ancho Jr., Sig Kufferath, <FONT color=#ff0000>Joe Holck</FONT>, John Chow-Hoon, Kimo Hatchie, Bing-Fai Lau, Sam Luke, Francisco Limbago, Ray Law, Prof. David Nuuhiwa, Chojun Miyagi, Thomas Shigeru Miyashiro, Tsuyoshi Chitose, <FONT color=#ff0000>James Masayoshi Mitose</FONT>, Thomas S.H. Young, <FONT color=#ff0000>William K.S.Chow</FONT>, Woodrow McCandless, <FONT color=#ff0000>Adriano Emperado</FONT>, Joseph Emperado, <FONT color=#ff0000>Marino Tiwanak</FONT>, William Q.C. Chun, Jr., <FONT
color=#ff0000>Sid Asuncion</FONT>, Victor 'Sonny' Gascon, Peter Y.Y. Choo, Frank Ordonez, Clarence Chang,&nbsp;Mike Young, Joe Halbuna, <FONT color=#ff0000>Al Dacascos</FONT>, Charles H. Gaylord, Kalaai Kano Griffin,</STRONG>&nbsp;<STRONG>James Muro, <FONT color=#ff0000>Edmund Kealoha Parker</FONT>, Ralph Castro, Jaime Abregana, George Lim, <FONT color=#ff0000>Bobby Lowe</FONT>, Samuel Alama Kuoha, <FONT color=#ff0000>Enson &amp; Egan&nbsp;Inoue, Kevin Asano</FONT>, <FONT color=#ff0000>Dennis Alexio</FONT>, Braulio Pedoy, Takashi Nonaka, <FONT color=#ff0000>John Hackleman</FONT>&nbsp;and many others!</STRONG></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="times new roman" color=#0000ff size=5>******************************************</FONT></P>
<P><STRONG><FONT face=arial color=#ff0000 size=6>ATTENTION HAWAII MIXED MARTIAL ARTS FANS!!!</FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG><FONT face=arial color=#000000 size=4><EM>BE SURE TO ALSO&nbsp;VISIT...</EM></FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG><FONT face=arial color=#000000 size=4>THE BJ PENN FAN CLUB!</FONT></STRONG><A href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babyjaypennfanclub/" target=_blank><FONT face=arial color=#0000ff size=4><STRONG>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/babyjaypennfanclub/</STRONG></FONT></A></P>
<P><FONT color=#000000><STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000 size=4>BJ Penn</FONT> is a MIXED MARTIAL ARTS competitor from Wainaku, Hilo, Hawai'i.<BR>He was the first NON Brazilian, black belt to win the Brazilian jiu-jitsu World Championships('MUNDIALS'), in Rio.</P>
<P><STRONG>&nbsp;He didnt even have ONE point scored against him in that event! He had to compete against several other expert black belts. Most of them had a LOT more experience than he did.</STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG>&nbsp;Next, he was invited to compete in the Ultimate Fighting Championship(UFC), after having only one pro fight!<BR>&nbsp;He has fought in the UFC 3 times last year and has stopped every opponent in the first round!<BR>&nbsp;His 2nd opponent, Din Thomes,&nbsp;was TOP TEN ranked and had already&nbsp;beaten the UFC champion, Jens Pulver,&nbsp;by submission.&nbsp;His 3rd opponent was a former World Shooto Champion and #1 ranked lightweight fighter in the world, Caol Uno.<BR>&nbsp;BJ knocked him out in ELEVEN SECONDS FLAT!<BR>And, I mean OUT!</STRONG></P>
<P>In his most recent performance he just beat the #2 Lightweight in the world, Takanori Gomi, by rear choke in the 3rd round at Rumble&nbsp;On The Rock 4, in Honolulu, Hawaii!&nbsp;It was only Gomi's&nbsp;(the former SHOOTO World Lightweight Champion), second loss and the first time he has ever been submitted in a fight!</P><STRONG>
<P><BR>&nbsp;He has been&nbsp;labeled "The Phenom" and "The Prodigy"... Join us and find out why!</P>
<P><FONT color=#0000ff>DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT OUR EXTENSIVE LINKS SECTION!!!</FONT></STRONG></P>
<P><STRONG>This club we have developed is a tribute to his successes and future successes and, a place where his fans can come together to chat, post pics, talk mma/jiu-jitsu, etc.</STRONG></P>
<P><FONT size=3>Also visit...</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="times new roman" color=#0000ff size=4><FONT color=#ff0000 size=5>Pinoymma.com! Promoting Mixed Martial Arts in the Philippines!!!</FONT> </FONT><A href="http://pinoymma.com/portal/index.php"><FONT face="times new roman" color=#0000ff size=4>http://pinoymma.com/portal/index.php</FONT></A></P>
<P><EM><FONT face="times new roman" color=#0000ff size=3>&nbsp;</FONT></EM></STRONG>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>&nbsp;<FONT face="times new roman" size=4><EM><STRONG>&nbsp;</STRONG></EM></FONT></FONT><FONT face="times new roman" color=#0000ff size=4><EM><STRONG>We're sure you'll appreciate them!</STRONG></EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="times new roman" color=#0000ff size=4><EM><STRONG>&nbsp;much aloha</STRONG></EM></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="times new roman" color=#0000ff size=4><EM><STRONG>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; braddah shano</STRONG></EM></FONT></P>
<P><EM><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#0000ff size=4><STRONG>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; and</STRONG></P>
<P><EM><FONT face="times new roman" color=#0000ff><FONT size=3>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT><FONT size=4><STRONG>Josh Sojot, Club Founders</STRONG></FONT></FONT></EM></P></FONT></EM></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
<a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/slv/mailtag/*http://companion.yahoo.com/">Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now</a>
--0-488198903-1070394180=:14002--

------=_NextPart_00009440-000014FC-1C3F987F-3A3B--

------=_NextPart_00009440-000014FC-1C3F987F-AC46--

Ian.

OP
A

Andi

In all fairness, I also completed the survey yet I've had no MA spam (Yet? Hope so. I get enough junk as it is.) so I'm not sure how that's happened to you Ian. Unless from my answers it was decided I was unworthy of spam!

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ian, I get the same spam and I didn't answer the survey.. unfortunately all of our email addys can be attained one way or another... so unless another member gets spammed and it can be without a doubt .. affiliated with BMDIronFist... Let's continue to keep things tempered :)

BMDIronFist.. What purpose are you researching this information ?

Thanks,

Tess
MT. Mod

Latest Discussions