elder999

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Science confirms?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

From further into the article:

the study, by a trio of complex systems theorists at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, is the first to go beyond ideology to empirically identify such a network of power. It combines the mathematics long used to model natural systems with comprehensive corporate data to map ownership among the world's transnational corporations (TNCs).

Bwahaha....haha and all that....:lfao:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye the concentration of real economic power is something that has been going that way for quite some time. Even as a newly minted economics graduate I knew enough to say that how the stock market went on any given day depended on how half a dozen people felt when they got up in the morning.

Note: The "half a dozen" figure is not a precise estimate :D.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This some how doesn't strike me as capitalist.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This does not scare me. Not from here in my self-sufficient, stockpiled, financial-apocalypse-surviving, bunkered, fortified, armed hilltop retreat.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did anyone actually read the article Elder quoted? No, you didn't. Or you would not be playing Trilateral Commission, Counsel on Foreign Relations, Bilderberg conspiracy freakout games now.

One thing won't chime with some of the protesters' claims: the super-entity is unlikely to be the intentional result of a conspiracy to rule the world. "Such structures are common in nature," says Sugihara.

Seriously.

Or as Braha puts it: "The Occupy Wall Street claim that 1 per cent of people have most of the wealth reflects a logical phase of the self-organising economy."

So, the super-entity may not result from conspiracy. The real question, says the Zurich team, is whether it can exert concerted political power. Driffill feels 147 is too many to sustain collusion. Braha suspects they will compete in the market but act together on common interests. Resisting changes to the network structure may be one such common interest.

So, the big news? There is no news. That's the big news. Whoo-hoo.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Did anyone actually read the article Elder quoted? No, you didn't. Or you would not be playing Trilateral Commission, Counsel on Foreign Relations, Bilderberg conspiracy freakout games now.
Tut tut! How could you forget the Skull & Bones or the Bohemian Grovers!!!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What, Freemasons?
nonononononono, Freemasons are just dudes who hang out in fancy clothes.
Its all the Illuminati.

I see they are succeeding in keeping their involvement secret! :bangahead:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did anyone actually read the article Elder quoted?

:raises hand: I did :D. Not exactly news to me but the methodology of actually mapping the inter-relations is something I've not come across before.

The only 'conspiracy' type bit is the fact that a lot of the top dogs in the 'controlling interest' companies tend to be part of the same group of people i.e. they make the calls for more than one corporation or cartel. That's why they have an inordinate affect on global economic activity by sheer dint of 1% of the 'players' hold 40% of the 'cards'.

Whether there really is a conscious global commercial oligarchy is another matter entirely :) {hides odd hat, compasses and severed noose behind back}.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Whether there really is a conscious global commercial oligarchy is another matter entirely :) {hides odd hat, compasses and severed noose behind back}.

Yes, it is. And this article doesn't offer any hints in that direction. The problem, of course, is that the lack of a 'and therefore' clause doesn't stop conspiracy theorists from inserting whichever one is their favorite. And may I please note that it is an "X control everything, so we really ought to do away with them and our problems will be solved," argument that has led to rather bad things happening. Insert your own value for X.

Latest Discussions