The 1% of Occupiers horde donations

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My, how quickly they reveal their true colors.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/they_want_lice_of_the_occu_pie_9xKCxcI4aectFYkafMb8UJ

Mayor Bloomberg gets an injunction and demands to see the movement’s books. We need to know how much money we really have and where it’s going,” said a frustrated Bryan Smith, 45, who joined OWS in Lower Manhattan nearly three weeks ago from Los Angeles, where he works in TV production.
Smith is a member of the Comfort Working Group -- one of about 30 small collectives that have sprung up within OWS. The Comfort group is charged with finding out what basic necessities campers need, like thermal underwear, and then raising money by soliciting donations on the street.
“The other day, I took in $2,000. I kept $650 for my group, and gave the rest to Finance. Then I went to them with a request -- so many people need things, and they should not be going without basic comfort items -- and I was told to fill out paperwork. Paperwork! Are they the government now?” Smith fumed, even as he cajoled the passing crowd for more cash.
The Finance Committee dives on whatever dollars are raised by all the OWS working groups, said Smith, and doesn’t give it back.
The Comfort group has an allowance of $150 a day, while larger working groups, like the Kitchen group, get up to $2,000.
“What can I do with $150?” said Smith. “We have three tons of wet laundry here from the rainstorm -- how do I get that done? We need winter gear, shoes, socks. I could spend $10,000 alone for backpacks people need. We raise all this money. Where is it?
”

Apparently, some animals are more equal than others...

Perhaps they need to incorporate...Hahahahahahaha!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Am I surprised?
Nope.
That's the way 'collectives' work in the real world kids. Everyone is equal, just some are more equal than others, just like the Utopias they admire most.
Now shut up and go wave your sign some more.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, not capitalists because they didn't earn the money, they were given the money through charity, and they aren't creating something people want or need. It is magic money, not capitalist money.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Actually, not capitalists because they didn't earn the money, they were given the money through charity, and they aren't creating something people want or need. It is magic money, not capitalist money.

Oh. It's like SarahPAC money, then, right? All that campaign money that Sarah Palin gets to keep is "magic money," not capitalist money, right? :lfao:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh. It's like SarahPAC money, then, right? All that campaign money that Sarah Palin gets to keep is "magic money," not capitalist money, right? :lfao:

Shush! Watch your tongue!

You know she is his fav MI....

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Oh please ... you are one click away, good sir, from me having had enough.

Sometimes I think it's interesting to see another view but, honestly, you have got to listen to more people than those one-dimensional 'spokes-people' you revere all too much. You have a mind and it needs to be your own.

On economic matters, on here at least (not counting Elder's practical experience with wealth) I am probably the most qualified person you know (as in 'correspond with'). I'm not a media-whore, I actually am a qualified economist who has trained as one of those vile little traders that have caused so much of our present woes. I don't have a political drum to beat in the empty-headed Republican-Democrat nut-fest, I'm a British Liberal. I am for individual responsibility and government keeping out of things that don't concern it or it doesn't do well. So when I talk about things that the we discuss here I am not fighting a political corner, I am telling you what I think based upon my education and experience.

Listen once in a while, eh? Then make your own mind up and speak from that rather than incessantly telling us what partisan 'journalists' say.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, you won't be reading my next link to Ann Coulter? And all those other economists advising all the politicians to this point in the crisis?

Not quite sure where your post is coming from in relation to the topic at hand, but, post away, as I always say...

Here is a book for you to look at...

http://www.amazon.com/Wrong-us---Scientists-relationship-consultants/dp/0316023787/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319420261&sr=1-1

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0316023787/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link"]

[/URL]

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, you won't be reading my next link to Ann Coulter? And all those other economists advising all the politicians to this point in the crisis?

http://www.amazon.com/Wrong-us---Scientists-relationship-consultants/dp/0316023787/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319420261&sr=1-1

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0316023787/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link"]

N[/URL]ot quite sure where your post is coming from in relation to the topic at hand, but, post away, as I always say...

You also know how economists arrive at their theories, right!

'Let's assume...'

Yes, I tortured myself through a couple of years of economy college...

Maybe the 'Experts' keep failing us because they don't really have a clue and could not get one in clue mating season. because they don't know their brass from their oboe and really are no experts, just somebody who got shoved (or pushed themself) into the lime light!

:hb:

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wonder...do these silly people on Wall street, making a mess of the place, realize that the charity donations that they are receiving probably came from people who work for...corporations.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From the above linked book "Wrong":

[h=3]F
rom Publishers Weekly[/h]Freedman (coauthor of A Perfect Mess) makes the case that scientists, finance wizards, relationship gurus, health researchers, and other supposed authorities are as likely to be wrong as right. Drawing from personal interviews with experts on experts, he leads the reader on a merry chase down the road of skepticism, uncovering conflicting solutions to how to sleep better, lose weight, avoid heart attacks, build a financial nest egg, lower cholesterol, etc. In accessible language, Freedman explains the flaws that all too easily worm their way into research, including deliberate fudging of data and downright fraud. Fellow journalists, more interested in flashy copy than accuracy, come in for their share of the blame. Google and other Internet search engines add to the problem, sending unfounded facts to millions of computer users. Fortunately, after pulling the rug from under the reader's feet on every imaginable topic—from the relationship of body fat to dementia, the effect of Tylenol on dogs, and how to prevent inflation, Freedman provides 11 never-fail rules for not being misled—but of course, he admits, he could be wrong. (June)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here love:

EVERYBODY can claim to be an expert.

And no, this chick is doing it utterly and completely WRONG! (yes, the brass/oboe thing)

I keep thinking about 'City Slickers 2': the radio psychiatrist was the weather man or recipe guy before that and if he blows that gig he will be in gardening or sport...
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't be a hater. If any of you would like to donate money to me, for whatever reason, feel free.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the above linked book "Wrong":

[h=3]F

"Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says." Monty Python

You are good at contradiction, I'll give you that.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Not quite sure where your post is coming from in relation to the topic at hand, but, post away, as I always say...

:heavy sigh: I guess that means I wasted my skin cells on the keyboard ... again. There comes a time when you have to leave things alone and this is it. Ta-ra.

Latest Discussions