Returning

Riaan

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been away from the forums for a while due to work and studies. I am currently training in Goju Ryu and doing my postgraduate studies in environmental management so I am quite busy. My previous postname was DieRegteAdriaan. But anyway hello and glad to be back.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome

Are there many Martial Arts schools in your area? If so which ones seem the most prevalent

OP
R

Riaan

White Belt
Reaction score
Ja,the MA scene in RSA is very active. I would say the most prevalent arts here are karate, judo and boxing. I study Goju Ryu, but there is also shotokan and shukokai in the area. Other MA`s that are presented include TKD, JKD, Aikido, Tang So Do, Capoeira, Greco Roman Wresteling and Kickboxing. Thats just in Potchefstroom. The competition is rather good as well with every kind you can think of. I personally enjoy All Styles Full Contact and kata.

grunjhed

White Belt
Reaction score
Ja,the MA scene in RSA is very active. I would say the most prevalent arts here are karate, judo and boxing. I study Goju Ryu, but there is also shotokan and shukokai in the area. Other MA`s that are presented include TKD, JKD, Aikido, Tang So Do, Capoeira, Greco Roman Wresteling and Kickboxing. Thats just in Potchefstroom. The competition is rather good as well with every kind you can think of. I personally enjoy All Styles Full Contact and kata.

Howzit Riaan, nice to see another active South African on here! Looks like Potch has much more choice than Durbs! haha :lool:

Latest Discussions