Reporters of Note

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Prompted by the recent news of the loss of journalists to the violence in Syria, I was prompted to think on which reporters have stuck in my mind over the years. After all, if their work lives in my memory then, when those people pass one way or the other, I am a living epitaph to their work.

The one that always leaps first to my mind, when I think of reporters in the line of fire, is Kate Adie:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/correspondents/newsid_2625000/2625875.stm

I would be hard pressed to think of others I have to confess. Some reporters I can recall their face but not their name or I might recall the story but not who told it. Kate's matter of fact delivery, often in very dangerous circumstances, always struck me as how such things should be reported.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prompted by the recent news of the loss of journalists to the violence in Syria, I was prompted to think on which reporters have stuck in my mind over the years. After all, if their work lives in my memory then, when those people pass one way or the other, I am a living epitaph to their work.

The one that always leaps first to my mind, when I think of reporters in the line of fire, is Kate Adie:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/correspondents/newsid_2625000/2625875.stm

I would be hard pressed to think of others I have to confess. Some reporters I can recall their face but not their name or I might recall the story but not who told it. Kate's matter of fact delivery, often in very dangerous circumstances, always struck me as how such things should be reported.

The squaddies used to hate her, every time she turned up they knew they would get shot at, she was a bad luck mascot!

Latest Discussions