Rener Gracie toying with Dr. Rey of Dr. 90210!

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Do you mean TKD kicks in general are lame, or Dr. Rey's in particular are lame?

Dr. Rey's. To me, they were slow, wobbly and imprecise. It was easy for Mr. Gracie to take a step back while the kick wandered by, and then dart in with the takedown. If Rey really is a striker like he claims, he should have done a lot better, and been ready with his hands when Gracie got inside his kicking range. Of course, from what little I have seen of him, Rey is an utter tool, so I am not surprised.

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dr. Rey's. To me, they were slow, wobbly and imprecise. It was easy for Mr. Gracie to take a step back while the kick wandered by, and then dart in with the takedown. If Rey really is a striker like he claims, he should have done a lot better, and been ready with his hands when Gracie got inside his kicking range. Of course, from what little I have seen of him, Rey is an utter tool, so I am not surprised.

Then we are in agreement :) Very nice description of Rey's kicks.

Nothing against the guy, as Rey is a physician and probably doesn't have the time to train as hard as other martial artists, but his kicks DO look weak and unrefined.

I'd rather not have him "out there" as an example of TKD. :sigh: But I respect him for trying. I don't think I could pursure a medical practice AND martial arts.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with the comments regarding the kick's in question. However I know of several fine physicians that also are great at martial arts. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Glad you guy's found the clip interesting.
icon14.gif

Blotan Hunka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
They were also not really going to try striking each other. It seemed obvious that Rey wasnt going to try really kicking or punching Gracie to try and keep him off. Not that that probably would have made a difference mind you.

Latest Discussions