Relocated

K!NgG

White Belt
Reaction score
Anybody in the Riverside, Fontana, Ontario California areas or surrounding...?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OP
K

K!NgG

White Belt
Reaction score
Didnt know anyone replied til now but, i am definitely interested in Both... @Charlemagne

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Didnt know anyone replied til now but, i am definitely interested in Both... @Charlemagne

Any particular systems you are looking at, or things you are looking for in MA?

You have a ton of great options where you live. In fact, I would say that depending on what you are after, you are completely spoiled for choice. For example in the arts I train you have:

Team Members | Gracie Barra Riverside
PTK-SMF™ Instructors - Pekiti-Tirsia Kali Global Organization
Home - Gracie Barra Jiu Jitsu

OP
K

K!NgG

White Belt
Reaction score
Damn... I really had no idea those existed here.
I have a few interest including those u mentioned as well as Muay Tai & Tai Chi....

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Damn... I really had no idea those existed here.
I have a few interest including those u mentioned as well as Muay Tai & Tai Chi....

The greater LA area is THE place to be in the USA for martial arts. You have anything you want to train, seriously. Your problem is the opposite of most in that you might have difficulty sifting through everything to find the quality that you really want.

OP
K

K!NgG

White Belt
Reaction score
The greater LA area is THE place to be in the USA for martial arts. You have anything you want to train, seriously. Your problem is the opposite of most in that you might have difficulty sifting through everything to find the quality that you really want.
I definitely agree with u...

I feel like I'm being called & the only real problem I have is finding the right one...

I have a true respect for all forms so, my mind is open...

OP
K

K!NgG

White Belt
Reaction score

I feel like I'm being called & the only real problem I have is finding the right one...

& as great as the LA area is, it is torn between foolish pride, egos & racism... I was born n long beach which is LA county & the separation is ridiculous. & so, I say that to say, true enough this is definitely one of the few places in which the martial arts selection is never ending but the problem is finding the right school in which one can comfortably learn & train without feeling the negativity because of the color of ones skin...

I truly wish I could just TEACH myself but, my knowledge is limited & it seems a lot of those who know aren't really interested in helping another learn...

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
& as great as the LA area is, it is torn between foolish pride, egos & racism... I was born n long beach which is LA county & the separation is ridiculous. & so, I say that to say, true enough this is definitely one of the few places in which the martial arts selection is never ending but the problem is finding the right school in which one can comfortably learn & train without feeling the negativity because of the color of ones skin...

I truly wish I could just TEACH myself but, my knowledge is limited & it seems a lot of those who know aren't really interested in helping another learn...

Well, you're not going to be able to teach yourself, but I honestly don't think you would have a problem at any of places I linked above. I see every color of skin on the mats at Jiu-Jitsu and I see the same thing in Pekiti Tirsia. Tim Waid, our PTK organization's head instructor teaches all over the world to persons of every ethnic background. The only thing we care about in PTKGO is the quality of your character. I live in Texas, so our demographics are different, but it sure isn't stopping anyone from training.

Go check some places out, see what the vibe is like, and go from there. You don't have anything to lose.

OP
K

K!NgG

White Belt
Reaction score
Well, you're not going to be able to teach yourself, but I honestly don't think you would have a problem at any of places I linked above. I see every color of skin on the mats at Jiu-Jitsu and I see the same thing in Pekiti Tirsia. Tim Waid, our PTK organization's head instructor teaches all over the world to persons of every ethnic background. The only thing we care about in PTKGO is the quality of your character. I live in Texas, so our demographics are different, but it sure isn't stopping anyone from training.

Go check some places out, see what the vibe is like, and go from there. You don't have anything to lose.
Definitely not allowing anything or anyone to interfere with findin what it is I seek...

I appreciate the replies & link(s)...

I might be visiting some family out n Texas this year but not sure yet... They've actually been trying to convince me to move out there but I'll start with a gud visit first...lol

Latest Discussions