Rejuvenated/ReInvented

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello,
I feel I am fighting a few beasts mentally that will be an everyday occurrance. However, I have sat down on my mat in the basement and meditated. I reflected how the world may definitely **** on me hard, I contemplated why? For every action has a reverse action.
I know for certain that the friends I have I don't have to question if they are friends or not. I am not crippled because I was a stupid drunk and ran into poles/blgs,/whatever. No, my joint problems and P.T.S.D. and Traumatic Brain Injury came from helping the helpless. So I look at it as a badge of honor.
I work very hard every day on Physical Therapy, technique, etc.I teach judo twice a week and help teach hapkido twice a week, as the assisstant instructor. I have a growing class in Judo and am helping to get tournaments put together with other Judo Instructors.
I am now even going to attempt to continue my belt testing in tae kwon do. It won't be too difficult, I was ready to test for purple and began to put more energy into my Judo endeavor.
Most importantly the Clan's Morton and McDowell are very strong. But my greatest supporters are my wife and dog. I have seen a lot of evil and I don't think God will ever let me forget it. I had to do some horrible things to people while on active duty, and I don't think God Will let me forget that either. However, I have a lot of support from doctor's at the V.A. and they are quite helpful. However, there is nothing better to have conversation with "True" friends and family.
Just my .02

However I don't want to look back and say that I didn't finish and continue Moo Sul Kwan under the tueteledge under GM Hildebrand after all the help he has given me on working around my joint, Ptsd and Traumatic Injury as he has. So I am looking at testing for my purple in TKD and Brown in Hapkido soon. To do otherwise would be a dis service to my GM and good friend.

joblo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You can't forget anything unless you have Alzheimers, but what you can do is accept it as what it is, put it permanantly behind you and move on. In your post you mention helping the helpless and then you say you did bad things to people. It's either one or the other, and in my eyes, you are a HERO. Sometimes doing the right thing means having to do unpleasant tasks. Spanking your child, Killing a rabid dog, etc are not nice things to do but they have to been done. It's very important to remember, GOD will never punish someone for doin the right thing, he doesn't want you to forget, he wants you to remember and realize what you did was the right thing, I would be willing to bet, God is very proud of you, He has to fight evil every moment of our existence and you were one of his soldiers in this war against what is wrong in his world. If it wasn't for men and women like you we would have NOTHING, no freedom, no peace, NOTHING.
I grew up around a small group of WWII combat veterans, they all did very well in life and were good men, who focused on their families. I know they had to do some terrible things when they were in combat, but it didn't have any effect on their lives after they came home, you know why? Because they were just like you, they had character and conviction, and realized that to take evil out of this world you have to do things that you wouldn't do under any other circumstances. Focus on you family, Kids, wife, DAILY, HOURLY. If you will concentrate on supporting and helping them it will make your own worries take a back seat, they won't go away, but again, it will put them on the back burner and they won't seem as important.
You are what I call a REAL MAN, you stepped up to the plate, put your life on the line for people you don't even know, when this country needed you. I am proud of you, hold your head up and be proud of what you sacrificed, let your service to our country, and world peace be a badge of honor for you, not an Albatross.

Don't think for one minute that what you had to do was wrong, you made my life easier, you made it safer for everyone. Your sacrifice helps me sleep good at night. I can elect the government I want without fear of retaliation, I can speak my mind , I can can own firearms to defend my family and myself from evil, and many many more freedoms that I wouldn't have if it wasn't for men and women like yourself. I am proud to have known men like you, even if it's just through the internet, YOU make me PROUD to be an AMERICAN, it gives me thought that there is hope for what is good and right in this world, that there will always be someone , like you, who will stand up for what is right no matter what the cost.

THANK YOU!!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Matt, a million times - thank you.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You are an inspiration to more people than you'll ever meet Matt, don't forget that. I don't know how much comfort you can take from that on the bad days, but it's still true. I can't wait to read your "I got my belt!" posts :D

jim