Rehabilitating a sexual predator...why?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard a radio interview today with Mike Tyson. The host, Jonathen Brandmeir was gushing over tyson's new one man show...hmmmm...it seems to me that tyson was tried and convicted of rape...and yet he seems to be the toast of the town...appearing in the Hangover movie and now he has his own one man show...

What is freaking wrong with people in hollywood and the rest of America...is no sexual predator too vile to accept into regular society...!

roman polanski, bill clinton, mike tyson, making movies with sexual predators as the heroes...some real soul searching needs to go on in this country...where are all the liberal, feminists?

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I heard a radio interview today with Mike Tyson. The host, Jonathen Brandmeir was gushing over tyson's new one man show...hmmmm...it seems to me that tyson was tried and convicted of rape...and yet he seems to be the toast of the town...appearing in the Hangover movie and now he has his own one man show...

What is freaking wrong with people in hollywood and the rest of America...is no sexual predator too vile to accept into regular society...!

roman polanski, bill clinton, mike tyson, making movies with sexual predators as the heroes...some real soul searching needs to go on in this country...where are all the liberal, feminists?
Wow! Roman Polanski! Sexual Predator? Any idea how many of your fellow Americans may have had 'consensual' sex with a minor?
In 1977, after a photo shoot in Los Angeles, Polanski was arrested for the statutory rape of a 13-year-old girl and pleaded guilty to the charge of unlawful sex with a minor.

On 11 March 1977, Polanski, then 43 years old, was arrested in Los Angeles for the sexual assault of 13-year-old Samantha Geimer during a photo shoot for French Vogue magazine. Polanski was indicted on six counts of criminal behavior, including rape. At his arraignment he pled not guilty to all charges.
Geimer's attorney next arranged a plea bargain in which five of the six charges would be dismissed and Polanski accepted. Because Polanski fled the country before final sentencing, the charges were not dismissed and still remain pending.

Polanski in 2007.
As a result of the plea bargain, Polanski pled guilty to the charge of "Unlawful Sexual Intercourse with a minor," and was ordered to undergo 90 days of psychiatric evaluation at Chino State Prison. On release from prison after 42 days, Polanski understood that at the final sentencing he would be put on probation. However, he learned that the judge was planning to renege on his promise of no further jail time, and might even deport him. Polanski's attorney suggested that despite the fact that the prosecuting attorneys recommended probation, "the judge could no longer be trusted . . ." and the judge's representations were "worthless."
Upon learning of the judge's plans Polanski fled to France on 1 February 1978, just hours before sentencing. As a French citizen, he has been protected from extradition and has lived mostly in France since then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski
Wow! Bill Clinton! Sexual Predator? Any idea how many of your fellow Americans may have had sex with a married man, or woman?

Lewinsky alleged that between November 1995 and March 1997, she had nine sexual encounters with then-President Bill Clinton that, according to her testimony, involved ******** and other sexual acts in the Oval Office, but that none of them involved sexual intercourse.

Sorry, I must have missed the link with either to Tyson. Tyson was convicted of rape. Was it vile? (vile - a : morally despicable or abhorrent)
Maybe, as most crimes are. What are you going to do with all these vile people? Stop them working?
In the United States, 6.21 percent of the adult population are convicted felons, as of 2000. In 2000, 13 million Americans were jailed for a felony conviction, on felony probation or previously imprisoned for a felony. The U.S. Census counted 209,128,094 Americans over age 18 in 2000.
Source:
"When Prisoners Come Home: Parole and Prisoner Reentry"; Joan Petersilia; 2009
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1975516#ixzz2KYZiWZgx

So, I suppose it boils down to personal choice. There are presenters here on television that I will not watch and others on radio that I will not listen to.

Anyone who is convicted of crime and does the time is entitled to resume their life upon their release, sometimes with restrictions. Tyson has done the time and I would have thought you of all people would be shouting from the rooftops that, in the Land of the Free, he is free to do what he likes. Now, if your fellow Americans choose to watch his show, well that is them exercising their rights. If people choose to ignore his show, it will fail. Nothing to do with liberal feminists. :asian:

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree. There is a differance between an offender and predator. A predator can't stop. Not making excuses for offenders but plenty have gone on to live honest lives.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score

Going by your standards, you missed one, Michael Steele. ;)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/30/AR2010033002772.html

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you even know the real story of polanski and the "consensual" sex with the 13 year old girl...yeah...that's old enough to give consent.

clinton...Juanita Broderick and Miss Arkansas might disagree with your assessment. The pattern of pressuring female subordinates into sex might be a clue to his predatory status.

I'm not saying they can't make a living, but the fawning over tyson, clinton and polanski is just wrong...imagine if that 13 year old was your daughter, sister or wife. Would you go see this guys one man play, or see polanskis movie or shake hands with clinton...

How does the steale scandal even relate to rape convictions and allegations of rape...not even on the same level...and here is where the problem starts...not being able to really judge these things and seeing the act as evil....just because it happened a long time ago and they seem like such nice guys...

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't even fathom how you associate Bill Clinton with sexual predators. You just try to include Democrats negatively every way possible always. You have a problem! Bill like Michael were not convicted of anything but I will tell you how they are alike and how they are differant.

They both like women as the majority of American men do like women.

BILL CLINTON WAS ATTRACTED TO WOMEN AND HE HAD SEX WITH THEM LIKE MUCH OF AMERICANS DO, CHEATERS INCLUDED.

MICHAEL STEELE WAS ATTRACTED TO WOMEN AND HE PAID TO LOOK AT THEM.

Bill Clinton is a real man and Michael Steele is a pervert. :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, I give you Polansky as perv.

Tyson? (the perv in the OP...)

As much as I think the guy is a running joke, I think his problems stemmed from his ego trip he was on at the time, his surroundings blowing sugar up his back....
Since then I am sure he has been humbled, he is no longer the guy who can't be beat...

(and yet, you really got to wonder hw he did attract the women....what does that say about them? He was never a Prince Charming or MENSA candidate...)

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score

While I was never a fan of Roman Polanski, President Clinton, nor Mike Tyson, and consider myself somewhat conservative on many if not most matters, why single out liberal feminists, or liberals or feminist, whichever you meant? Conservative or liberal, who would condone wrong actions? The problem becomes defining wrong actions, as can be seen from some of the answers to your OP.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
The problem with Tyson, then and now, is that he is an unlikeable guy. It was a shady case that didn't make sense. What girl gets a phone call at 1:30am to go to a guy's hotel room and doesn't know what he wants? But, since there was only one incident how does that make him a predator? He was a sex offender, but he doesn't keep repeating the behavior.

In Tyson's case, many look at it that he paid his debt to society and he is a free man now. Same with people like Michael Vick, many many people despise him, but he paid his debt for what he did (perjury to a jury, NOT the dogfighting) and he is now a free man.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The problem with Tyson, then and now, is that he is an unlikeable guy. It was a shady case that didn't make sense. What girl gets a phone call at 1:30am to go to a guy's hotel room and doesn't know what he wants? But, since there was only one incident how does that make him a predator? He was a sex offender, but he doesn't keep repeating the behavior.

In Tyson's case, many look at it that he paid his debt to society and he is a free man now. Same with people like Michael Vick, many many people despise him, but he paid his debt for what he did (perjury to a jury, NOT the dogfighting) and he is now a free man.

HSUS gave Vick a clean slate anyhow after he gave them 50k....
Sorry, but I think I can stomach Tyson much better....and that isn't easy to say....

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do you even know the real story of polanski and the "consensual" sex with the 13 year old girl...yeah...that's old enough to give consent.

clinton...Juanita Broderick and Miss Arkansas might disagree with your assessment. The pattern of pressuring female subordinates into sex might be a clue to his predatory status.

I'm not saying they can't make a living, but the fawning over tyson, clinton and polanski is just wrong...imagine if that 13 year old was your daughter, sister or wife. Would you go see this guys one man play, or see polanskis movie or shake hands with clinton...

How does the steale scandal even relate to rape convictions and allegations of rape...not even on the same level...and here is where the problem starts...not being able to really judge these things and seeing the act as evil....just because it happened a long time ago and they seem like such nice guys...
I don't condone any of it and I used parentheses to designate that. But get a life! How old were you when you started dating? How many young kids are having sex? Do I approve? Probably not, but that's just me. Do I condemn them? No. In this instance there is a big age difference. Do I condone it? No. It is illegal, but in other cultures it may well be acceptable. What makes our culture right?

Clinton is/was a womaniser. Is he alone? Come on Bill, get real. There is no allegation of rape. To me the guy is a creep and he lied to cover up. Name me one politician that doesn't lie.

Would I watch Tyson's show? Probably not, but for a different reason to you. I don't see anything in he guy. Would I watch a Polanski movie, sure, if I thought I would enjoy it. Would I shake hands with Clinton? Sure. The guy is not a pariah, except in your eyes.

And your mate Steele? ... What he has done with OPM is staggering. Talk about feathering your own nest. We have a similar case here at present that is going through the courts.
:asian:

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't condone any of it and I used parentheses to designate that. But get a life! How old were you when you started dating? How many young kids are having sex? Do I approve? Probably not, but that's just me. Do I condemn them? No. In this instance there is a big age difference. Do I condone it? No. It is illegal, but in other cultures it may well be acceptable. What makes our culture right?
Come on seriously? Kids sleeping with other kids and kids dating kids is WAY different then a 13 yr old girl and a 43 ur old are not even on the same planet. That's just wrong. If other cultures condone it then they to are wrong.

Clinton is/was a womaniser. Is he alone? Come on Bill, get real. There is no allegation of rape. To me the guy is a creep and he lied to cover up. Name me one politician that doesn't lie.
I don't care about Clinton having consentual sex with another adult that's between him and his wife. There have been woman that claim it wasn't consenting but I don't give anyone much credit when thty wait until a person is running for office to make the story known. Either report it when it happens or its too late.
Would I watch Tyson's show? Probably not, but for a different reason to you. I don't see anything in he guy. Would I watch a Polanski movie, sure, if I thought I would enjoy it. Would I shake hands with Clinton? Sure. The guy is not a pariah, except in your eyes.
Polanski deserves to be in prison. Tyson dose not bother me. And I wouldn't shake Clinton's hand because I'm not sure where his hand has been.
And your mate Steele? ... What he has done with OPM is staggering. Talk about feathering your own nest. We have a similar case here at present that is going through the courts.
:asian:
im still not sure what Steele did ill have to look it up. I know him hes always been a nice guy to me.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
On clinton...

Also in 1998, Juanita Broaddrick alleged Clinton had raped her though she did not remember the exact date, which may have been 1978.[SUP][161][/SUP] In another 1998 event, Elizabeth Ward Gracen recanted a six-year-old denial and stated she had a one night stand with Clinton in 1982.[SUP][162[/SUP]

Gracen's friend stated that when the attack occurred, Gracen immediately told the friend she had been assaulted by clinton. Gracen at first denied anything had happened and then said they had consensual sex.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/bill-clinton-has-the-real-rape-problem/

In his book, “Uncovering Clinton: A Reporter’s Story,” Michael Isikoff relates how Clinton, then Arkansas governor, had sex with former Miss America Elizabeth Ward Gracen.

“It was rough sex,” Isikoff writes, “Clinton got so carried away that he bit her lip, Gracen later told friends. But it was consensual.”

Isikoff missed the lip-biting connection. He also failed to acknowledge that at least one of Gracen’s friends, Judy Stokes, had told the Paula Jones legal team that the sex was not consensual at all.

“Do you believe Clinton raped her?” investigator Rick Lambert asked her. “Absolutely,” Stokes replied. “He forced her to have sex. What do you call that?”

I cite the Gracen story because it helps substantiate the story Broaddrick told Lisa Myers on NBC’s “Dateline” in 1999.

Broaddrick: “And he came around me and sort of put his arm over my shoulder to point to this little building and he said he was real interested if he became governor to restore that little building and then all of a sudden, he turned me around and started kissing me. And that was a real shock.”

Myers: “What did you do?”

Broaddrick: “I first pushed him away and just told him ‘No, please don’t do that,’ and I forget, it’s been 21 years, Lisa, and I forget exactly what he was saying. It seems like he was making statements that would relate to ‘Did you not know why I was coming up here?’ and I told him at the time, I said, ‘I’m married, and I have other things going on in my life, and this is something that I’m not interested in.’”

Myers: “Had you, that morning, or any other time, given him any reason to believe you might be receptive?”
Broaddrick: “No. None. None whatsoever.”

Myers: “Then what happens?”

Broaddrick: “Then he tries to kiss me again. And the second time he tries to kiss me he starts biting my lip (she cries). Just a minute … He starts to, um, bite on my top lip and I tried to pull away from him. (crying) And then he forces me down on the bed. And I just was very frightened, and I tried to get away from him and I told him ‘No,’ that I didn’t want this to happen (crying) but he wouldn’t listen to me.”

Myers: “Did you resist, did you tell him to stop?”

Broaddrick: “Yes, I told him ‘Please don’t.’ He was such a different person at that moment, he was just a vicious awful person.”

Myers: “You said there was a point at which you stopped resisting?”

Broaddrick: “Yeah.”

Myers: “Why?”

Broaddrick: “It was a real panicky, panicky situation. I was even to the point where I was getting very noisy, you know, yelling to ‘Please stop.’ And that’s when he pressed down on my right shoulder and he would bite my lip.”
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/bill-clinton-has-the-real-rape-problem/#97LMV5XBsm0KUUwt.99

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
It sounds like someone that was looking for a payday. Without a court case it's hearsay on both sides.

OP
B

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hardly, she had to be forced to give an account by the F.B.I. during the Jones investigation and he was already re-elected...she didn't want to get dragged into it but was forced to by the investigation. The same with Elizabeth Gracen. The clinton's had big connections in hollywood and Gracen was an actress trying to get work...she fled the country to avoid the subpoena by the Jones team. The clinton's used private detectives to attack any woman even thinking of coming forward...hillary led the team that silenced these women.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Come on seriously? Kids sleeping with other kids and kids dating kids is WAY different then a 13 yr old girl and a 43 ur old are not even on the same planet. That's just wrong. If other cultures condone it then they to are wrong.
As I said, I don't condone it. But, other cultures have as much right to their beliefs and customs as we do.

http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm

Whether or not Polanski should be in jail or on probation is hypothetical. If your system of plea bargaining had been honoured by the judge back in 2007 the case would be closed.

As I posted yesterday ...

Polanski in 2007.
As a result of the plea bargain, Polanski pled guilty to the charge of "Unlawful Sexual Intercourse with a minor," and was ordered to undergo 90 days of psychiatric evaluation at Chino State Prison. On release from prison after 42 days, Polanski understood that at the final sentencing he would be put on probation. However, he learned that the judge was planning to renege on his promise of no further jail time, and might even deport him. Polanski's attorney suggested that despite the fact that the prosecuting attorneys recommended probation, "the judge could no longer be trusted . . ." and the judge's representations were "worthless."
Upon learning of the judge's plans Polanski fled to France on 1 February 1978, just hours before sentencing. As a French citizen, he has been protected from extradition and has lived mostly in France since then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Polanski

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As I said, I don't condone it. But, other cultures have as much right to their beliefs and customs as we do.

http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm

Whether or not Polanski should be in jail or on probation is hypothetical. If your system of plea bargaining had been honoured by the judge back in 2007 the case would be closed.

As I posted yesterday ...
Some cultures believe in human sacrifices too that don't make it right. Making excuses for a guy that used his power and authority to get a 13 year old to sleep with him is not far off from condoning it. I get the whole who's culture is better then who's crap but as a man would you sleep with a 13 year old girl? I'm sure not because its sick. It seems like your so set not to agree with something bill posts you won't even admit having sex with a child is a bad thing and should be punished.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some cultures believe in human sacrifices too that don't make it right. Making excuses for a guy that used his power and authority to get a 13 year old to sleep with him is not far off from condoning it. I get the whole who's culture is better then who's crap but as a man would you sleep with a 13 year old girl? I'm sure not because its sick. It seems like your so set not to agree with something bill posts you won't even admit having sex with a child is a bad thing and should be punished.
In my country it is a crime that would be severely punished. And, FWIW, no, I wouldn't have sex with a 13 yr old girl.

Your legal system is the one that accepted the plea bargain. I am just going on what current situation exists. You are saying he should be in jail. His prosecutors recommended probation. Don't shoot the messenger. This has nothing to do with my jousting with Bill. (If it wasn't fun I wouldn't do it. :p )

But you have opened Pandora's box with human sacrifice. Perhaps you could list the countries that condone the practise of human sacrifice? In terms of the old style of ritual sacrifice, I can't find any. So I will turn to the modern equivalent. By definition the sacrifice of life within a culture would have to lie within the laws and customs of that country. I suppose China which executes about 6-8000 per year would be top of the tree in this department. Not only do they kill the person but often they also remove the organs. Just like old times! (Only about 50 per year in the US, and I'm not sure about the organs. :) ) Australia abolished human sacrifice (death penalty) 40 years ago and the UK about 10 years ago, but I don't condemn America for killing its citizens. The acceptance of this form of human sacrifice, to your 'God of Justice', is up to you and your fellow countrymen.

And, just in case you are wondering, I am not against the death penalty in certain circumstances. :asian:

Latest Discussions