Recent WV Seminar...

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So what are some of your comments on the recent seminar that we had in West Virginia.......

I'd like to hear from all the MMA students.

:partyon:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As I have finally gotten through my thick skull... Basics are where it's at~!! I realized that you, Mr. C. don't need to see us 'performing' all the other material we've been working on .. purple for example.. you need to know we can settle into a stance.. and first and foremost.. manuever into said stance properly. The other material will be icing on the cake once those basics are attained.
And you surely don't want to sit around and listen to our patch descriptions .. that's Mr. Seigel's job..but first it's our responsibility to memorize what we need.
I say it was a splendid albeit 'gone in a flash' weekend and sure wish I had a sponge for a mind that can retain a minutia of the knowledge you share.
Thank you~!!
:asian:

Tess

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
KenpoTess said:
Basics are where it's at~!!

Yep, they are the root to the movements!

KenpoTess said:
I sure wish I had a sponge for a mind that can retain a minutia of the knowledge you share.
Thank you~!! :asian: Tess

Keep at "The Process" and your mind WILL turn into a Sponge full of Kenpo Info!!

T

TheRustyOne

*sigh* MAYBE next time I can attend....maybe...possibly...hopefully...

Tess, are there pics somewheres?

S

Stick Dummy

Tess,

Don' worry bout the cry babies, they are just spewing forth sour grapes.

Mr. C.,

I thought both the seminars went very well and everyone learned how critical the fundamentals are to perfecting ones Kenpo skills.

Thats why Delayed Sword and Five Swords are the ones that I try to work one and understand..............

If anything I just wish we had more time with you to learn, refine and define to a greater degree.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stick Dummy said:
everyone learned how critical the fundamentals are to perfecting ones Kenpo skills.

tis where it's at...and now that I've been appointed two new protégé's...I'm gonna make them go through what I use to go through...warmups...then basics for half the class...then whatever else I feel like making them do...and to make sure they don't lose heart, I've to make sure that I do everything that I ask them to do with them. Phillip's stuff is looking much better, I just need to work on his focus and clearly express there's a time in the class to actually learn and a time to goof off, which he's been doing a bit during the adult class. little Mike might take a bit more time, need to get his kicks and such refined a bit....but tis a good summer project and hopefully I can have them shine when next you're up, Mr. C. :)

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
Now that I've been appointed two new protégé's...I'm gonna make Phillip's stuff is look much better, now little Mike might take a bit more time, to get his kicks and such refined ....but is a good summer project and I will have them shine when you're up again, Mr. C. :)

Great! I'll look forward to checking out the progress with them by you as well as your personal progress!

:wink: :wink2: :boing1:

T

TheRustyOne

Bill Lear's just upset because the tops make us look so pretty. :boing2: I think he's jealous....

Chad? Proteges?? Since when? *pffts*

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Once again, Mr. C i'm still upset about not being able to make it to the seminars. however, like always i think my body was still recooperating from thursday. but as usual i do enjoy your being up and getting drilled, sometimes. i felt absolutely unprepared for your coming this time, but apparently i did well. i know that basics and fundamentals are highly important, so i don't mind getting drilled on them because it makes me actually have to look at what i'm doing and stop being lazy. which is good because then i start to learn the techniques and forms that way and then i have to go back through and relearn them. after each of your visits i am always rejuvinated.

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Mr. C I'd like to thank you for coming out once again and holding the seminar with us. I must say even though my body is hurting and i've been reunited with muscles i forgotten about, i actually throughly enjoyed this past seminar. i personally think that i learned a lot, my brain was hurting all the more reason it was getting a migraine on Saturday afternoon ;) ....alex and i have worked out about an hour to work on the patch descriptions, sayings, and the other things for the belt requirements that we can take home and practice on our own, while doing dishes...without killing eachother or breaking mom's plates :)...we'll work on alex's retardo foot that he has, i know mike has jumped on me for my stances which i know is one of my big weaknesses so i'm gonna have to really start focusing more on that too. i could go on about things i need to work on. i did however like some of the kicking drills that we did, i know i'm crazy it's okay though. i think it helped me on my own foot positioning and again my focus. any how, to make a long weekend short, thank you again for an enlightening seminar and for sharing your knowledge with us. we learned alot this weekend, and i'm sure that most of us will start to look at things differently and work on improvements :asian:

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
FUZZYJ692000 said:
Mr. C, I'd like to thank you for coming out once again and holding the seminar with us. I must say even though my body is hurting and i've been reunited with muscles i forgotten about, I actually throughly enjoyed this past seminar. i personally think that i learned a lot, my brain was hurting, thank you again, for an enlightening seminar and for sharing your knowledge with us, we learned alot this weekend, and i'm sure that most of us will start to look at things differently and work on improvements :asian:
Well thanks Fuzzy, as usual I also had a wonderful time. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it and I do look forward {and expect... hee hee} to ongoing improvements from all. It is always a joy as an insturctor to work with eager students and members.

salute to you!