Help Researching Schools

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of these people or places? I found a few more schools close to me and I'm trying to find some info on them. Thanks.

1)
Bujinkan Yume Dojo
seniorteacher: Christopher Davy rankdan: 10
address: Lost River, West Virginia
url: www.yume-dojo.org

2)
Kageyama Bujinkan Dojo
senior teacher: Shidoshi-ho: James H. Lilly Jr rankdan: 3
address: P.o. box 941, Beaver, Wv 25813
traininginfo: We train on Tue and Thur from 6-8pm generally.
We are under the direction of the Hidden Mountain Bujinkan Dojo in NC.(Karl koch 8th Dan )
url: www.geocities.com/dragonactbujinkan/kageyamabujinkandojo.html
phone: 304-253-7722

3)
Joseph S. Morris II,2nd dan recommended
Kenova, W.V..
For info contact: [email protected]

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chris Davy is about as serious a student of Bujinkan that you can find. He does show up to Japan whenever he can. He trains with Shiraishi. I thought he was still in Maryland and not West Virginia. If he says he is a tenth dan, I am not even going to bother checking since he would never lie.

The others I do not know about, and that is not saying anything bad about them since I don't know a lot of people.

OP
cashwo

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I live in WV and I've been researching the schools and anything MA related I can find because I'm ready to start training again. I used to go to this one place for quite some time but I'm not sure if it's what I want to get into again, but my options are extremely limited. There are some different places but after some research I have some serious doubts about them.

J

jibran

That info about Mr. Davy is helpful to me as well because I may train at his dojo when I move back to the US. Thank You.

OP
cashwo

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well, I just found this:
Capital Area Bujinkan
Shidoshi Christopher Davy
Waldorf, Maryland
Phone: (301) 352-4345

Plus I found the mileage to Lost River, WV and that is almost a 6 hour drive for me if he is even still there.

Moko

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Train there. Six hour drive is not too much to pay for what he can teach. Chris is a close freind of Jeff Mueller. Both of them are excellent teachers and know their stuff. I have not trained with Chris however, Jeff Rocks.
Ask Chris about the Aikido Dude and the unmovable arm.

I have no information on the other two gentlemen though Chris may help you out.

Robert

OP
cashwo

cashwo

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thanks!!! I sent an email asking about training here in WV so now I'm just waiting for a response. I've been thinking about signing up for a place that teaches Aikido here and something like that once a week (i have a 9-5 M-F job) would be great.

J

jibran

When you send an e-mail to Yume Dojo, all it does is add you to the Capital Area Bujinkan Yahoo Group. Shidoshi Meuller, however will respond to your e-mail, so try contacting Mr. Davy through him.
Hope this helps.
Your buyu,
Jibran Khan

Latest Discussions