Really Good Capoeira Book

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Currently reading Capoeira: A History of the Jogo de Angola from Luanda to Cyberspace.

Very well written, well researched and interesting. And as a side note the least biased history of slavery I've ever seen. The author is just telling a story, not grinding an axe as most of such histories do.

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Currently reading Capoeira: A History of the Jogo de Angola from Luanda to Cyberspace.

Very well written, well researched and interesting. And as a side note the least biased history of slavery I've ever seen. The author is just telling a story, not grinding an axe as most of such histories do.
Please be sure to give us a review when you finish up with it :) Always looking for some good reading :)

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am currently in volume 2 of this, I liked volume 1 better. Volume 2 gets into modern and current issues, many of which I am already well aware of, and I am just finding it less interesting. But volume 1 is very very good, in my opinion.

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
These books are great together and present a good overview of Capoeira and its history.

David

Latest Discussions