Random Guy Versus Judoka

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Over quickly. What the point was, I do not know. Sort of a foreign-language Jackass kind of thing, I guess.

[video=youtube_share;8goiUnrgwYE]http://youtu.be/8goiUnrgwYE[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Interesting that the random guy took his shoes off before attacking the judoist. Do we have any French (or whatever language that was) speakers? I think the judoist said something like "... he really needs to work more on his break falls." But I'm not sure.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Slightly modified O Soto Gari. It's among the first techniques taught to white belts just through the door.

Normally I don't see it have such dump-him-on-his-head energy but then again, the random dude grabbed a hold just perfect for this and the Judoka is freaking huge in comparison.

Thanks. I enjoyed that.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Honestly, it looks like one of a number of shows where two people "dare" each other to do something, in this case, walk into a Judo dojo, and try to take down the champ there to see what happens. Think of it in the same vein as "Jackass". Nice, effortless throw, though... of course, the "attacker" is half the champ's size, and positioned himself to allow the champs grip quite nicely, but still, a good, effortless, smooth version of an Osoto Gari.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looks like that guys hoodie provided a very useful handle as well , probably would have helped magnify the force of the throw a bit and accounted for him almost being thrown on his head.
He might as well of gone in there with a length of rope tied around the back of his neck and said " Here, grab this"

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Slightly modified O Soto Gari. It's among the first techniques taught to white belts just through the door.

Normally I don't see it have such dump-him-on-his-head energy but then again, the random dude grabbed a hold just perfect for this and the Judoka is freaking huge in comparison.

Thanks. I enjoyed that.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Well, look at it this way. He walked through the door, and He 'taught' Him the O Soto Gari. Yes. Thats what happened. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Interesting that the random guy took his shoes off before attacking the judoist. Do we have any French (or whatever language that was) speakers? I think the judoist said something like "... he really needs to work more on his break falls." But I'm not sure.

Not an exact translation, but more like " I wonder who that was."

Teddy Riner is 6'8" and 280 lbs. Not my first choice for someome to attack, never mind being 5 time world judo champion.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
well, I would have been shocked if any judoka of black belt rank had not dumped him on the mat. considering the situation I am surprised he got off that light. truly a case of stupidity on that clowns part.

Latest Discussions