Questions for karateka in kata-oriented dojos

OP
M

Mike Clarke

vin2ko,

The guy you're addressing your comments to was kicked off MT for a while because he was [is] a 10th dan jerk.
A living legend in his own bathtub, and the kind of person who gives karate a bad name.
Things happened a few months back before you signed up so I don't expect you to know about him. He had two I.D.s going at the same time and caused nothing but trouble for some of the more respected members.
I have no doubts he'll be back as he loves the sound of his own voice [even though he often hides behind multipul names].
He may well be reading this and plotting my down-fall?

Anyway, just a word to the wise;)

Mike.

OP
L

lucifersdad

i agree with vin2ko,

when i take students through the grades me usually say 6 months between grades and thats the time taken to learn, practice and polish a kata.
obviously not all students pick kata up that quickly so wait and practice more were as some students learn a kata in one lesson( very rare though) and spend the time practicing it nad learning other stuff.

as for how much a kata is to be practiced, we mark students on the kata for the belt they are grading for, the kata for their previous grade and sometimes anyother kata chosen at random, so we try to get students to run through all the kata they know each lesson, at leaqst once for previous kata and depending on time/lesson plans maybe 5/6+ times for the kata they are learning.
but it does all depend on your time constraints, number of students, number of differant grades, number of assistant instructors etc. etc.......

OP
V

vin2k0

Originally posted by Mike Clarke
vin2ko,

The guy you're addressing your comments to was kicked off MT for a while because he was [is] a 10th dan jerk.
A living legend in his own bathtub, and the kind of person who gives karate a bad name.
Things happened a few months back before you signed up so I don't expect you to know about him. He had two I.D.s going at the same time and caused nothing but trouble for some of the more respected members.
I have no doubts he'll be back as he loves the sound of his own voice [even though he often hides behind multipul names].
He may well be reading this and plotting my down-fall?

Anyway, just a word to the wise;)

Mike.

Ok, sorry, i wasn't aware. Nor was i aware of how much of a complete idiot he was. I didn't read all the posts before replying, simply read his original question and responded. Well, have to say im glag he's banned. Thanks, vin. :asian:

Latest Discussions