Question about grabbing guns in self defense

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw a two-page ad in the current issue of Inside Kung Fu for paintball guns intended specifically for LEO training. Given where it was advertised I assume they mean them to be used for gun disarming and/or gun retention training.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was a photo in my local newspaper of a police training facility where officers were using Tipmann 98 Customs with aftermarket modifications to make them look like M4's.

Cthulhu

W

Wmarden

Just got the latest galls, and there are a ton of red guns based on various real pistols. And about 4-5 based on long guns, the long gun ones almost cost as much as the real thing, at least in the case of the 870 shotgun anyway.

S

superdave

I have had a gun in my face and can't say that I liked it much. Everyone who is proposing that you grab the slide or grab the cylinder of the revolver, had better wake up.

You can bet your *** that if someone is going to jump you with a firearm, they are not going to place the barrel in the center of your forehead, chest or even one foot away from you.
Think about it, would you get close enough to your victim, so they could grab your arm?

Everyone seems to under-estimating a potential attacker. Try some disarms from five feet away, use a squib or a paintball. Then see where you stand.
Besides, have any of you ever had a muzzle of a gun near you head when it went off?

Count on there being a few feet between yourself and your attacker. With many modern firearms, especially handguns, having very slight trigger pulls, you might just find yourself going to the trauma center with a slug in you.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not trying to down anyone, or the way they train. I just want to get people to stay safe, especially if they are firing live blanks . A good deal of burning powder comes out of the muzzle when firinf those things.

Stay safe.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I attended a great gun defense seminar this evening by a former police officer who is now an academy trainer. It was great, but unfortunately I don't feel it'd be appropriate to review this closed seminar.

Latest Discussions