Question about dream fighting

M

Monkey King

Dreams - usually if your punches are ineffective, it's because you aren't used to actually hitting something in real life. Like a punching bag or something. Often the senses in our dreams are a memory of something we've already felt, smelled, tasted, etc. I would suggest actually punching a bag when you work out.

Fights in my dreams, I always kick butt. And it feels great following through with a punch or kick and watching the opponent fly across the room. Often in class students spend alot of time shadow boxing, never really making contact. Hit something tangible to let your brain know what it feels like.

Also when you day dream, think through your moves thoroughly. You are basically training your mind to respond.

Interpreting the dream, well, I would have to agree with what's been said. Only you know what challenges you are up against. Usually though, if someone is mocking you in a dream, it means you have a low self esteem. Try saying how you really feel when you are awake, stand up for what's right and speak your mind. You'll be surprised how that affects your dreams.

Man breasts - Not knowing your definition of "eating healthy," I would suggest cutting back your portions and eating healthy snacks. If you've seen those "Healthy Choice" meals at the grocery store, that's the size you should be eating. And plenty of water, no soda. You are probably retaining alot of sodium in your system which makes you retain water.

Alternate your exercise with arobic and weight training. Building the muscles is the best way to burn fat.

Using free weights, lie on a bench an do a press

But rotate the weight palms inward as you extend the press. These are called "canonballs" They are a good way to develop the muscle quickly and independantly. Do 3 sets of ten. The same goes for flys. rotate when you come in. If you're diligent, you should see results within six weeks. 15 or 25 pound weights should do the trick. Also push ups and dips are good for toning the chest. But consistency and diligence is the key.

W

white dragon

I think with "man breasts" it's not about building up the muscle, it's getting rid of the fat. I've built up the muscle in mychest a LOT and I can bench press more than anyone else in my club, but it doesn't help to get rid of the fat in that area. It's the only problem I have with my body, and I get so paranoid about it that I won't take my top off in public, even on the beach. I'm thinner now than other guys in my club, but still I've got this stupid chest. :S

As for not being confident with techniques (in refernce to MonkeyKing) I found there's a distinct barrier between wanting to do a technique and doing it. Like the line "stop thinking about hitting me, and hit me." It came to me in the middle of a competition when I was front kicking this guy and he hardly moved backwards. I thought "why the hell am I putting my force into hitting this guy and he's still not moving?". It dawned on me that I was thinking more than doing and the first move of the second round I kicked him, and broke two of his ribs, ending the fight right there. Confidence is the key. A man is just a pad that could hit you back, if you let it. If someone's going to fight you, then make sure you hit it, a tap won't surfice. I was lucky I worked that out before I had to fight in a street situation.

OP
C

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I am thinking that I am going to start weight training and then I will do aerobic activies like tae bo and then I am going to start running since I think it builds up more endurace.

After this I will tell you guys the results, but the weight training I do not want to get alot bigger only semi bigger.

I just want to add some muscle and then lose some weight I think that 20 lbs. would make a big difference.

I am also going to join the school that someone reccomended me to join because I think I would enjoy getting back into the martial arts alot more.

The next time I have a dream I will keep a notepad by my bed so I can write my dream down when I wake up and I can tell yall in more details my dream.

KumaSan

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
http://www.trainforstrength.com/ - It's not weight training, it's the next best thing. And for the record, spot reduction simply does not work. Different people's bodies store fat in different places (thighs, belly, tits, etc). It's just genetics. Reduce your overall body fat (with Fish's workout for example) and reduce your flabby man-tits. By the way, last year I was way overweight and lost 35lbs in about 4 months by running and doing MA. Now I'm still chubby, but it's manageable now.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think this just goes to show...guys obsess about tits... doesn't matter on who.... :D

:rofl:

Aerobics will burn it, weight training will strengthen it, and MA training will guide it. :) As long as you properly feed it, you'll do ok.

man, this threads wandered around a bit...dreams, wrestling, and dietary ideas. This place is great. :D

S

Shinzu

carbon.... tae-bo will without a doubt help you. i have delt with overweight problems in the past and it is fun and addictive. it will also spark your hunger for martial arts.

as said before drink alot of water. have the occational soda or fruit punch now and then as your body still needs the sugar. you should see some possitive results! best of luck :)

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I had dream I was about to get into a fight with this guy, so I took off my jacket handed it to my wife and hit the guy with an overhand right to the jaw. Then I heard the scream..."you hit me in the mouth, you hit me in the mouth". It was my wife, I had hit her with my right hand, and evidently right in the kisser. Bad thing was I couldn't stop laughing, not that I thought it was funny mind you. Now I've kicked her in the leg a few times but never punched her. Does this mean I don't like her or she was just a victim of training?

:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Naw. I think what it was is that you were so 'into' the dream, that your body just responded naturally. I've had a few like that, Kicked something only to wake up in pain as my foot had just hit the bookcase. :D

My suggestion is flowers and dinner for her. :)

:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ok, heres one for ya....

I'm on a ship (wet navy, not starship), the captain. Have an all female crew (stereotypical california vally girls). Bridge is flooded to waist level with water.

I've just come from an argument of some sort with the SO. SHe's in the hold with other people.

Airhead#1 slams the ship into warp speed, then stops it sending all the water into the hold flooding it.

I race to the door which now looks like my moms basement door. Interestingly enough, the way down also looks like the stairs to her basement, and the hold looks like it too. Waters up to the top so I dive in, but wedge a foot in the door so I dont get trapped.

I pull 2 people out, and see my SO in the distance, treading water, struggling for air as theres just bubbles trapped there, no real air pockets. 1 of the people I pulled out panics and forces me to stay under water.

I start to breath water and wake up just as I realize I'm drowning. My lungs were burning when I woke up.

was definately hard getting back to sleep.
---------------

Analysys notes :
water and ships hold no real meaning for me.
primary color of the ships interior was white, not gray.
vally girls hold no meaning to me that I can see.

definately weird.

heh

Turner

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Would you call that a wet dream?

Well, if you use the key words and dream analysis:

You are on a ship, which is often associated with your life and the type of waters you are sailing in <swimming in> is your emotional state. The fact that you would up drowning is supposed to indicate bad things coming for your business life, but since it happened in a basement you know you can avoid that by being assertive.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
hmm.... makes sence, except for the biz part. I think it has to do more so with personal relationships, rather than business ones.

But, I can see a few meanings in it.

:)

Turner

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh, I missed the reference when I first looked at your post... Colors are very important in dreams. You saw white instead of the grey that you might expect... Well, if you are assertive and avoid 'drowning' then the white represents impending success.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Carbon

Has anyone ever dreamed about fighting someone?

When I dream about fighting someone its like my body is very tense in the dream and its all in slow motion.

So in my dreams when I hit someone it doesn't hurt them or it doesn't feel like it hurts them. This happend to me last night, like there this kid I hate and I dreamed about punching him in the face twice.

The odd thing is I punched him in the face acouple time but very slowly and it looked like I was just putting my hand in his face.

Then I thought about relaxing, and leting the anger subside and then I was able to swing without bounds. So I hit him in the face, still it wasn't that powerful.

He fell to the ground and got back up and when he was getting back up I hit him in the face again, but after I looked at his face it was just red.

No real damage had accured, then in the rest of the dream he was taunting me and such.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,

You were sleeping. And the only way you can elaborate on this is to see it in the light of other dreams, and your life. The rest is just plan guessing.

Nobody knows why dreams are, or why we need to sleep. But we've found out that there's can be found a meaning. Even the way you find this "meaning" is still discussed by pros.

If the dream comes back , go to a pro.

/yari

OP
C

Carbon

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I just had this dream and it scared me and when I woke up my back was burning, like seriously uncomfortable pain on my back.

I was with this midget, not really a midget it was more like a dwarf from a fantasy movie, and we were trying to get out of this place where we were prisoner.

I was taking him out and we had to dodge all these obsticles I couldn't really remember what happend, and then we were looking for this cave so we could leave this place, it was like an old mine.

So we were running in there and a guy comes up on a horse and is chasing us and we're running in and he says spilit up and I'm yelling at him to not split up, we split up and I run down this corridor.

Then I see the guy come up behind me and I try to draw my sword from its sheath but he just runs up right behind me and this is when I wake up.

It was very strange and kinda scary, I wish I could remember the first part.

Latest Discussions