Purple Belt technique questions

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My understanding of this tech is that you are walking along and someone runs up behind and grabs your shoulder to pull you in. The step you take forward is a step you were going to take anyway. Secondly, if you do step forward and it break the opponents posture, you win that game, and you are no longer doing Obscure Sword, but another idea.
Sean

Well, at least the 2 of us are still talking about Kenpo techniques. :D

Like I said, I'm not against giving a little resistance, to trick the other guy, and then using that momentum, etc. I'd say, like anything, do whats best for the situation.

Anyways, back to your post...:) Yes, that does make sense.

OP
K

Kyoshi

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Chris Parker: "You have a list of arts, some over a short time only, with it appears Shotokan as your longest studied system (9 years), although you give Kyusho AikiJitsu as your primary art. You also state that you are the "founder" of a concept you call Mushin no shin do (The way to an empty mind? Hmm, your translation is a bit off there. It would be "Way of the mind of no mind", which is just confusing, unless you mean shin to mean new, in which case it is "Way of new of no mind", which is possibly worse), something about a new (?) way to apply a lock? You constantly tell us that you have been training in martial arts for over 14 years, but really what does that mean? 14 systems for a bit under a year each? Or one system for 14 years, and a recent change? Unfortunately I feel it is more the former..."

Chris, as a practitioneer of ninjutsu, you should be aware of the "Shu-Ha-Ri"-concept?
You questions my concept of Mushin No Shin Do, and i will be happy to answar your questions. Heres a short description fo the concept: I have put together this training concept of "Mushin No Shin Do",Based upon my experience with shotokan, wing tsun and kyusho. Its important to notice that its not a selfsustaining martialart, but rather a concept, which is integrateable in all forms of martial art. Mushin No Shin is the old expression of emptyness or nothingness in the mind(or as you nicely describes(which i was aware of, but it makes no sense to those who don't know "mushin") mind of no mind). "Do" is the way to achieving it. I try with my concept through a diversity of excersises and the concept itself to get the emptiness to take control - so that you will react without an active thought - upon any given situation.

Last edited:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Kyoshi,

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I am very aware of the Shu Ha Ri concept, however you are not mentioning any aspect of it here. So you know, though, what you are describing is simply standard for any martial art, with this terminology (Mushin) being standard for Japanese arts. I don't see anything new at all, it is found in every art I have ever encountered. Unless you have a new way of training it, there is nothing but a simple renaming of existing ideas.

However, as this is nothing to do with Kenpo or the techniques this thread is about, I might suggest, if you truly feel that there is something different, new, or unique about your concept, you may want to start a new thread in the general section where you can explain what exactly is new about this. I will certainly join in, and I am assuming that other JMA guys will as well, at least.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS

Please return to the original topic of the purple belt techniques. If you would like to discuss whether it's good or not to ask these questions on a forum there is a thread here for it.

Thank you.
Pamela Piszczek
MT Asst. Admin.