Purchasing sparring gear online

KempoFlow

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Have any of you used a reputable online retailer for martial arts gear? I am specifically looking for gloves that have actual fingers vs. loops like on the cheaper student gear. I am hesitant because I have in the past had a bad experience with an online martial arts retailer.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you have to offer.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've dealt with Macho directly (and, in fact, got registered with them as a distributor) and not had problems. Depending on exactly what you're after, they've got a line of the "traditional" sport-martial arts safety punches which fully enclose the fingers. They're one of the few I've been able to find with something like that without getting what amount to boxing gloves.

Their site is http://www.macho.com

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://www.martialartssupermarket.c...&subid=120&keyword=&searchtype=3&row_start=11

I have been using that company for about ten years now and love them. Those are the covered finger sparring gloves by Century that they sell. I use those when I spar.
That company sells Century, Macho, Proforce, and more. You just need to check the site out and see what they have (which is a lot). Their prices are great too. They sell gi's for less than $20 and belts for $3.50.
The prices get really low if you open a wholesale account with them.

AoG

OP
KempoFlow

KempoFlow

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I think it was macho that one of the senseis recommended I get. I needed that brain trigger jks. :)

I will check those out.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does your teacher sell them? I'd simply suggest talking with your teacher first, since they usually have wholesale accounts.

Even if it's a wee bit more pricey than what you can get via online retail, this way, it brings a few bucks back to the school.

If your teacher can't / won't get them, then by all means, do check out the establishments that the others have listed here.

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
You could also try (TigerClaw).
there good also.
Century has good GI's and do a great whole sale for school owners.
Kosho

OP
KempoFlow

KempoFlow

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I usually get everything through the school, but I have never seen the gloves I am looking for in any of the catalogs there. I have class tonight, I will ask her if she orders with anyone else as well.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard some good things about Century and AWMA.

Mike

Amazon

Green Belt
Reaction score
Have any of you used a reputable online retailer for martial arts gear? I am specifically looking for gloves that have actual fingers vs. loops like on the cheaper student gear. I am hesitant because I have in the past had a bad experience with an online martial arts retailer.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you have to offer.

I don't know if they would have what you are specifically looking for, but so far I've had terrific luck with price, quality, etc... at karatesupply.com.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've bought gear from the following: Karatedepot.com (uniforms and weapons), macho.com (sparring gear), centuryma.com (sparring gear and weapons) , goldentiger.com (uniforms) - no problems with any of them. I had to do a size exchange with Goldentiger.com and they handled it quickly.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've bought gear from the following: Karatedepot.com (uniforms and weapons), macho.com (sparring gear), centuryma.com (sparring gear and weapons) , goldentiger.com (uniforms) - no problems with any of them. I had to do a size exchange with Goldentiger.com and they handled it quickly.

Delt with all of them too..No problems...

Latest Discussions