Public thanx to MT members

D

Dougie

I'm sure by now many of you have no idea who I am but I thought it was important to give public thanx to some of the people of MT for something they did for me the other day.

Last month my Wife was diagnosed with Cancer. Specifically Stage 4B Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Dot Kelly dropped by the other day with a present for my Wife from Herself, Dan Farmer, Brian Hunter, and Kirk Otto. She was close to tears and she wanted me to let you know how much she and I appreciated your actions.

The gifts were so well thought out as well. Useful things that mean so much. Even the ones that you sent that she throws at me. Heh...

Also I would like to Thank Dennis Conatser for calling and cheering up my Wife. She appreciated the call.

I would like to let the rest of MT and the rest of your peers know that your actions have been something that have made a difference and shown yourselves to be people that care.

So while chatting here on MT I would hope that you remember that the people you chat with, people like these, are people that deserve recognition. Not because they did what they did, but because they did it and didn't expect anything for it.

So I publicly say "THANK YOU" and put forth to your peers that they should applaude your actions as well.

Cheers.

Dougie

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that people here have been able to be helpful and supportive. So often it's so hard to know what to do in a situation like this. Far too often in cases like this I have done nothing because I simply didn't know what I should do--I was paralyzed into indecision. It's good of you to take the time to acknowledge these folks when you must have so much else on your mind. It's a clear indication of the positive thinking you've been showing from the start.

Best of luck to your wife and you.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Dougie said:
Dot Kelly dropped by the other day with a present for my Wife from Herself, Dan Farmer, Brian Hunter, and Kirk Otto. She was close to tears and she wanted me to let you know how much she and I appreciated your actions.

Also I would like to Thank Dennis Conatser for calling and cheering up my Wife. She appreciated the call.

Dougie

I'm sure I speak for all.... we all hope and pray that you and Jacqueline will be victorious in your fight against the Big C. Those that know you realize that "C" is in for one hell of a fight!!!!!

We are all in your corner.... let any of us know if we can help in any way!

Thank YOU for your friendship.

:asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Remember Doug to keep your chin up and treasure each day you can. :asian:

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Dougie said:
It was the least we could do Doug. I'm pleased that Jacqui enjoyed them.

Take care

Dot

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck to you Mrs. Dougie, sounds like your just as tough as Doug is. Be sure to do your breathing exercises and douse twice a day :wavey:

:cool:

OP
D

Disco

Dougie, All our good wishes and prayers.

I have used this story before and I hope this will be of comfort to you and your wife.

It's the story of "Foot Prints in the sand" This person was walking along the beach one day, when God appeared. As they walked and talked about the persons life, God was asked a question. God then told the person to look behind where they had just walked on the beach. The person saw 2 sets of foot prints beside each other for a long distance and then saw only one set of foot prints. God was asked, why all of a sudden there was only one set of prints. God smiled and said, "When through your life you see the 2 sets of foot prints, that was when we walked together. When you see the single set of foot prints, I did not leave you, that was when I held you in my arms and carried you".

With respect :asian:
Mike Dunn

OP
K

KenpoGirl

Just an update, my recent email to Doug

[email protected] wrote:
> Just checking in. How are things going?
> Continuing to pray for some good news.
> Take care of yourself and Jaqui.
> Dot

First round of chemo is finished. Lost some weight and
some hair but she's still kicking. Good things will
come. It will just take patience and love. =)

Hope all is well with you.

Dougie

OP
T

TonyM.

Dougie and Jaqueline you have my prayers and wishes.

OP
K

KenpoGirl

I emailed Gou today to see how things are going. For those that are not aware, his wife was diagnosed with Cancer last year. As you will see in the copied memo below, he is devoted to her and they are fighting it together.

-------------------

Hello! Great to hear from you. Things are going well.
We're going for our 8th treatment of 16 next friday
which is halfway and we have a ct scan this month to
see what our progress is.

I think we've been in every hospital in the city and I
have slept on most of the chairs in them. Ha ha ha!

We've had ups and downs and steps forward and lulls but
we're all still together and fighting. More and more
people find out and join us in support and everyone has
been great.

We're still not living at home but Jacq is actually
going to start back at work for a half day once a week
next week! She's determined that this will not stop her
from living her life or being out and doing stuff with
friends and family. She's a tough lady that's for sure.

I have to say thanks again you guys for the gifts. She
loves that blanket and uses it every day still. I told
you I hooked up an e-mail account here for here,
(
[email protected]) and people all over the world,
friends, family, etc keep her busy writing which makes
her happy.

I'd like to chat more but I am planning a hot date with
her in port stanley tomorrow and I have to go pick up
flowers. I'm hoping to get some serious smoochin' time
in. Ha ha ha!

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Doug & Jacqui,

Positive attitude is 99% of the battle - so you're ahead!

Good luck to you both. Keep us all posted - and know we're thinking of you.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I may seem a little late, because I never know what to say with stuff like this.

But if it makes a difference, Doug, you and your wife have been in my prayers since I got this news. Keep us updated.

Paul Janulis

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I talked to Jacq a few weeks ago, she is going through her treatments, and is doing well with them. Doug and her, have the support of family and close friends in their area, and both have a really good positive attitude.

I do owe them a call to see how their trip to Hamiliton went :).

OP
M

marshallbd

TonyM. said:
As well as mine...Just remeber that the power of the mind (belief) and love can conquer anything life can throw at you....
My Prayers are yours

Respects

Beau :asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
TonyM. said:
I'm sure I can speak for many ...... We ALL are pulling for you both, those that know you personally and also those that havn't had the pleasure.

Hang in there Douggie and JaQ! We are all in your corner on this one.

:)

OP
K

KenpoGirl

I've sent Jacqui the link to this page so please continue posting your best wishes and warm thoughts. I know she'll be pleased to read them.

Dot

Latest Discussions