Promoted to 3rd Degree!!!

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Humbly, I would like to announce that I was promoted to 3rd Dan in Guro W. Hock Hochheim's Pacific Archipelago Combatives(PAC)/Filipino Combatives last weekend. PAC is based on the martial arts of the Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, Hawaii, and Polynesia.

I was also promoted to 3nd Dan in Mr. Hochheim's Filipino Combatives, which are based on the Philippine martial arts of Arnis, Kali, and Escrima, primarily based on Presas Family Arnis (Hock studied with both GM(s) Ernesto and Remy A Presas).

These ranks were approved by Mr. Hochheim and were obtained under the study of GM Lyndon Johnson ([FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]10TH DEGREE BLACK BELT FOUNDER/SOKE YONG MU KWAN HAPKIDO[/FONT]), Master (Level 10) Instructor - CQC Group, UC - 7th DAN,
Knife Level 12, SDMS Level 10, Gun Level 10, PAC 7th DAN,
Kempo/Karate/Jujitsu 7th DAN, and Master of TAEKWONDO (5th Dan).

It was great training with Hock again, being that the last time I was able to get away was 2003, when I tested for 2nd.

Please also note that this promotion is parallel to the 3rd Dan promotions for Filipino Combatives and Mano Y Mano that I received from GM Johnson in January 2007.

Respectfully, in my signature for this post I will document my current rank (highest to lowest) while recognizing the head of each system and my direct instructor.

Best regards,

Guro Harold Evans
Lakan Guro (Senior Master) FCS-Kali - Tuhon Ray Dionaldo
Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) PAC - Hock Hochheim/Master Lyndon Johnson
Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) Filipino Combatives - Hock Hochheim/Master Lyndon Johnson
Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) Filipino Combatives - GM Johnson
Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) Mano Y Mano - GM Johnson
1st Degree Black Belt IKAA Kung-Fu (Tuhon Rick Ward) - Guro/Sifu David Ng
Lakan, IMAF, INC (GM Remy A Presas)- Guro/Sifu David Ng

BTW, it's no question that I would have posted this on MT which is one of the top Martial Arts forums on the Web. This is a professional site consisting of an audience of our peers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats congrats congrats!!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Harold!
icon14.gif

OP
Guro Harold

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to take the time to announce that I was promoted to 4th degree/Lakan Apat yesterday. The press release can be found here. Please note that I had been promoted under GM Lyndon Johnson to 3rd Dan 4 years ago but I had delayed testing under Guro Hock's system for some time because I wanted him to see where I was since I was focusing my attention and priority on being a new father at the time and was not able to get away as much and focused my extra time to FCS-Kali.

With my daughter getting a little older, and with Hock being able to get to NC, I was able to test for my 3rd with him last July and now test under GM Johnson for my 4th now.

Respectfully,

Guro Harold Evans
4th Dan PAC - Hock Hochheim/Master Lyndon Johnson
Lakan Apat (4th Dan) PAC - World Combat Martial Arts Federation
4th Dan Filipino Combatives - Hock Hochheim/Master Lyndon Johnson
Lakan Apat (4th Dan) Filipino Combatives - World Combat Martial Arts Federation
Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) Mano Y Mano - World Combat Martial Arts Federation

Hello Everyone,

Humbly, I would like to announce that I was promoted to 3rd Dan in Guro W. Hock Hochheim's Pacific Archipelago Combatives(PAC)/Filipino Combatives last weekend. PAC is based on the martial arts of the Philippines, Indonesia, Japan, Hawaii, and Polynesia.

I was also promoted to 3nd Dan in Mr. Hochheim's Filipino Combatives, which are based on the Philippine martial arts of Arnis, Kali, and Escrima, primarily based on Presas Family Arnis (Hock studied with both GM(s) Ernesto and Remy A Presas).

These ranks were approved by Mr. Hochheim and were obtained under the study of GM Lyndon Johnson ([FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]10TH DEGREE BLACK BELT FOUNDER/SOKE YONG MU KWAN HAPKIDO[/FONT]), Master (Level 10) Instructor - CQC Group, UC - 7th DAN,
Knife Level 12, SDMS Level 10, Gun Level 10, PAC 7th DAN,
Kempo/Karate/Jujitsu 7th DAN, and Master of TAEKWONDO (5th Dan).

It was great training with Hock again, being that the last time I was able to get away was 2003, when I tested for 2nd.

Please also note that this promotion is parallel to the 3rd Dan promotions for Filipino Combatives and Mano Y Mano that I received from GM Johnson in January 2007.

Respectfully, in my signature for this post I will document my current rank (highest to lowest) while recognizing the head of each system and my direct instructor.

Best regards,

Guro Harold Evans
Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) PAC - Hock Hochheim/Master Lyndon Johnson
Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) Filipino Combatives - Hock Hochheim/Master Lyndon Johnson
Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) Filipino Combatives - GM Johnson
Lakan Tatlo (3rd Dan) Mano Y Mano - GM Johnson

BTW, it's no question that I would have posted this on MT which is one of the top Martial Arts forums on the Web. This is a professional site consisting of an audience of our peers.

Latest Discussions