• UFC

• Pride

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's your prefered event? Any reason? is it the rules? the fighters? the ring?

What makes one better then the other in your eyes?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just for the simple fact with them being on Spike TV, I get to see alot more of them then Pride.
Terry

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree with Terry, Spike has done so much for the UFC. Even before then, I remember seeing UFC matches before I saw any Pride ones, so maybe that is my bias.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoy the UFC. I've been watching it since it started. Nothing against Pride, KOTC or any others, as they have some great fighters, but considering the UFC was the initial craze, I'm a bit more bias towards that.

Mike

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I enjoy them all, but UFC seems to have a bit more exposure and thus tends to bring out the more serious athletes. There are great fighters on both, but I think UFC tends to have a bit better trained, maybe just because they can make more money there, who knows why.

7sm

Shaolin Bushido

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Pride, easily. The production values they put into each show and the general level is much higher than UFC's athletes. I like UFC too, but they are clearly second rate to Pride.

Jagermeister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Pride - better technique and more skilled fighters - less old fashioned brawling.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I watch UFC and I think its exposure on the TV will bring all MMA into the forfront. Will it/they remove boxing maybe.
the Ufc is doing a great job of pr these days
As for pride I just don't get to see enoughof it on tv in my area

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Will it/they remove boxing maybe.

I'm hoping it eliminates pro-wrestling, actually. If you have something as crazy and intense as MMA, and it's for real...what do you need painted clowns for?

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
I enjoy the dynamics the cage presents. Makes it a bit more interesting and unique. I'm all for UFC :)

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm with Terry on this one. Pride tends to be all PPV in my are; but, UFC is broadcast, well...cabled.

mad_boxer

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well I'm in Australia where none of these are televised the only things on here are the K-1 and some aussie boxing occasionally a few others but no MMA on Fox sports (I swear fox sports is awesome for fight sport fans like me here in Aus:D) I have only seen one Pride fight, fight not event and have seen many UFC's so maybe I am biased but yer i prefer the UFC hands down.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like Pride better. I started watching their events because their DVD's are dirt cheap compared to UFC DVDs.

At Pride's best, vs UFC's best though, there's no comparison. Pride's way more entertaining. Stuff like Sakuraba literally spanking Ryan Gracie.... Awesome.

Latest Discussions