Pressure points?

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pressure points are a tool that can be handy to have in your martial arts tool box but they aren't the best tool for the job usually. Superior position, leverage, speed, and power are preferred.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is if I can position your head how I want then sucker punch you. You will eat dirt.

Which isn't fighting. It's bullying.
I was merely critiquing the video and in no way condoning it. Pressure points can help gain compliance and as an instructor I prefer to keep all options open for teaching purposes, but.... when the rubber meets the road knuckles and low kicks rule the day...

jergar

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was just curious as to the clip really, like was it legit, I don’t doubt Leon Jay or his Dads credentials just rarely ever heard of pressure points used like that outside of some ninja stuff.

ive seen Eric Paulson hit the side of the neck, but he’s really clubbing it etc though
Hi some arts use the location of pressure points to strike and cause disruption of the nervous system. A down hammer blow to the top of the arm about 4 inches from the hand , then a back hammer blow to the side of the neck , both connected nerve points. Then a straight punch to the solar plexus nerve center , that also knocks the air out of them . I’ve seen more than one go down and stay there after this combination of strikes. So your disrupting the central nervous system and removing oxygen causing a blackout. Also either the solar plexus strike or the back hammer to the side of the neck will drop them. At least that’s been my experience.

Latest Discussions