Pressure Point Controvsery

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Truth goes through 3 stages, first it is laughed at, then it is violently opposed, finally is accepted as self evident. I believe the pressure point sciences are finally approaching the 3rd stage. The reason for the controversy is simply. Big egos, poor marketing, and people being envious of other's success. Some how thinking success is a sellout, when in fact failure is the sellout.

I have been involved in the arts as a student, and school owner for 33 years now. I began my pressure point study in 2001 after attending a seminar. Adding this information to any martial art system is a game changer.

About 20 months ago I moved from Canada to Romania to enjoy a quiet life, which I am. Currently, back when I arrived here I created an organization for those who wish to learn about pressure points, without the politics. It is called the Kyusho Jitsu World Alliance. We are growing continuously as people see the benefits of this information. The membership to the Alliance is free, and there is also a free course available. I do not wish to violate any forum rules, so if you want links send me a message.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Art

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
And what proof my I ask is that? Someone who never studied it, or could not figure it out and now says it does not work?

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if it will work or not just sharing a bit of info.

Did you reach out to Theo de Gelaen, he is a well known Belgian martial artist and "dim mak" master........ Theo Degelaen - Home

I have no experience with anything Dim Mak or Kyoshu Jitsu and have no interest in any way.

I know several "dim mak" masters, one in Spain and 2 in Australia. Dim Mak however focuses on different elements than pressure points do. No interest is fine. We all have our likes and dislikes. I know I have mine. I am not looking for information on the subject as I have spend 16 years full time learning and still. do. Have a good one eh!

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Truth goes through 3 stages, first it is laughed at, then it is violently opposed, finally is accepted as self evident. I believe the pressure point sciences are finally approaching the 3rd stage. The reason for the controversy is simply. Big egos, poor marketing, and people being envious of other's success. Some how thinking success is a sellout, when in fact failure is the sellout.

I have been involved in the arts as a student, and school owner for 33 years now. I began my pressure point study in 2001 after attending a seminar. Adding this information to any martial art system is a game changer.

About 20 months ago I moved from Canada to Romania to enjoy a quiet life, which I am. Currently, back when I arrived here I created an organization for those who wish to learn about pressure points, without the politics. It is called the Kyusho Jitsu World Alliance. We are growing continuously as people see the benefits of this information. The membership to the Alliance is free, and there is also a free course available. I do not wish to violate any forum rules, so if you want links send me a message.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Art

Re my post here about pressure points. I am not looking for debate, just giving information for anyone interested. If people are not interested that is cool!

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Re my post here about pressure points. I am not looking for debate, just giving information for anyone interested. If people are not interested that is cool!
debates are what happen if. People disagree with your info, but as it is, i didn't know presure point were up for debate, they clearly exist, the issue is the effect is somewhere between unpleasant and mildly annoying, i don't see them as a game changer, that if the game you are talking about is fighting, ?

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
debates are what happen if. People disagree with your info, but as it is, i didn't know presure point were up for debate, they clearly exist, the issue is the effect is somewhere between unpleasant and mildly annoying, i don't see them as a game changer, that if the game you are talking about is fighting, ?

This is part of the misinformation, you have not been hit properly at a point that matters. It has never been about light touch as some have tried to say. Sadly it has been represented as such. Fighting? My definition of fighting is 2 or more people engaged in a battle by choice. Bar fights etc. My concern is self defense.

Tarrycat

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have a question for the teachers &/or more experienced individuals: Do pressure points work in real fights?

Why I ask, is because of it's articulate nature. If you miss a pressure point by a millimeter or even less, then its usefulness erodes.

Is it not difficult to apply them when you are under pressure? :eek::facepalm:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a question for the teachers &/or more experienced individuals: Do pressure points work in real fights?

Why I ask, is because of it's articulate nature. If you miss a pressure point by a millimeter or even less, then its usefulness erodes.

as above, having someone dig their thumb hard into a pressure point can be some what unpleasant, its not going to incapacitate an opponent, hitting a point on the upper thigh , which I've had a few dozen times whole. Playing football, or a point on the upper arm, which bouncers love to squeeze, can give you a,dead limb, which slows you down for a short while, it disrupt the cns and has some measurable effect, on mobility

if there are other more deadly points, no one has ever hit me there, so its hard to tell, possibly the op will enlighten us?

Last edited:
OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Takes training, serious training. But so does every art. The actual point of activation is rather large. About the size of a silver dollar in the USA. But there are a lot of points that are very effective because of where they are, and what the functions of the nerves are at that point in the body. I do speak from experience, however it is really up to the student how much or how little they put into the training. Like anything else, it is the practitioner who decides.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Every course I have been on where the instructor has talked about pressure points I have asked the same question. Do they work if someone has lots of alcohol/drugs/adrenaline in their system. I haven't l had a straight answer yet.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Every course I have been on where the instructor has talked about pressure points I have asked the same question. Do they work if someone has lots of alcohol/drugs/adrenaline in their system. I haven't l had a straight answer yet.

Does anything work 100% of the time if someone has lots of alcohol/drugs/adrenaline in their system?

Watched a doctor reset dislocated fingers, one at a time, on a guy who was really drunk, the guy didn't feel a thing or even notice the doctor was doing anything at all. And for that matter, as he sat there with all his fingers bent 90 degrees to the side, he asked multiple times "Why an I here?" my only response was "look at your fingers" his statement after that was "oh" wait a few minutes...repeat.

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Alcohol, they work very well. the drug it depends on the drug and the affect on the body. As an example angel dust or PCP turns the persons upper body to a hyper state of almost being indestructible. They can take a bullet and keep on coming. However they are very weak in this state from the waste down. A strike to SP-11 which can be accessed with a knee, will be VERY effective. This is the area of the leg where the femur / femoral nerve / femoral artery is. You will drop them from this. Same with knee points etc.

OP
MasterArtMason

MasterArtMason

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does anything work 100% of the time if someone has lots of alcohol/drugs/adrenaline in their system?

Watched a doctor reset dislocated fingers, one at a time, on a guy who was really drunk, the guy didn't feel a thing or even notice the doctor was doing anything at all. And for that matter, as he sat there with all his fingers bent 90 degrees to the side, he asked multiple times "Why an I here?" my only response was "look at your fingers" his statement after that was "oh" wait a few minutes...repeat.

Nothing works 100%, look at the beatings people take in MMA and boxing but keep coming. Each area of the body will have a different reaction. Arms are stronger, until you get to the upper arms near the arm pits. Ribs are weak and the points associated with them give pretty constant results. I have never met a person who can take a SP-21 shot. (unless on PCP). You also have to take into consideration possible nerve damage. Then they won't feel it.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Alcohol, they work very well. the drug it depends on the drug and the affect on the body. As an example angel dust or PCP turns the persons upper body to a hyper state of almost being indestructible. They can take a bullet and keep on coming. However they are very weak in this state from the waste down. A strike to SP-11 which can be accessed with a knee, will be VERY effective. This is the area of the leg where the femur / femoral nerve / femoral artery is. You will drop them from this. Same with knee points etc.
Thank you.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Yes, this is the sort of avoiding the question nonsense I get when I ask instructors who don't actually know for real, and so just waffle until everyone forgets the original question, and they can move on.

Latest Discussions