Prayers for a fellow Martial Artist and his Wife

Kenpojujitsu3

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
""It is with sadness that I am reporting that my wife Wamboi was hit by a matatu(minivan) on the way to work last Thursday. Although she is recovering at Aga Khan Hospital in Mombasa now, she spent five days in the Intensive Care Unit. Wamboi has been behind me in the development of Kenpo and ASKL since the beggining, and there is no Senior BLackbelt in KKF who does not know her well. She is recovering slowly and has 90% memory loss at this time. Doctor's give her a positive report on recovering. I will keep everyone posted on her recovery over phone. I am asking everyone to wish her a speedy recovery, and please excuse me if my service to the Federation is affected.
Thank you
Master Rahh"

Please pray for Amen Rahh and his wife.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone who reads this message will be thinking of her. May she recover soon and fully.

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
You will both be in my thoughts.
Have faith in that the human body has an amazing ability to bounce back.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You will both be in my thoughts.
Have faith in that the human body has an amazing ability to bounce back.

Amen to that. And there's a related point: post-trauma memory loss is very, very common. Usually victims recover everything from before the traumatic incident itself. If she never remembers the accident... well, that's probably all to the good. But she almost certainly will recover her memory of what happended prior to getting struck.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My heart, thoughts and prayers go to you and your wife... may she recover fully.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
May everything work out well for you and your wife during the healing process.

In the spirit of bushido!

Rob

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
""It is with sadness that I am reporting that my wife Wamboi was hit by a matatu(minivan) on the way to work last Thursday. Although she is recovering at Aga Khan Hospital in Mombasa now, she spent five days in the Intensive Care Unit. Wamboi has been behind me in the development of Kenpo and ASKL since the beggining, and there is no Senior BLackbelt in KKF who does not know her well. She is recovering slowly and has 90% memory loss at this time. Doctor's give her a positive report on recovering. I will keep everyone posted on her recovery over phone. I am asking everyone to wish her a speedy recovery, and please excuse me if my service to the Federation is affected.
Thank you
Master Rahh"

Please pray for Amen Rahh and his wife.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife, and I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

:asian:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As Exile said, the body heals itself and the mind protects itself.

From my own experience, I can tell you that the actual moment of truama never comes back (been there twice believe it or not) so she wont have to keep reliving that part of the accident. The degree of memory return depends on the degree of head impact sustained obviously e.g. I remember less of my youthful pushbike traffic accident than I do my later motorbike collision because in the latter I was wearing a helmet.

My thoughts and prayers are there for the borrowing :rei:.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
James,
My prayers go out to your wife for a speedy and full recovery and to you for this having to endure this tragedy.

May God watch over her, James

Latest Discussions