powdered booze for kids!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The latest innovation in inebriation, called Booz2Go, is available in 20-gram packets that cost €1-1.5 ($1.35-$2).
Top it up with water and you have a bubbly, lime-colored and -flavored drink with just 3 percent alcohol content.
"We are aiming for the youth market. They are really more into it because you can compare it with Bacardi-mixed drinks," 20-year-old Harm van Elderen told Reuters.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/06/powdered.booze.reut/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

Is it wrong that I find this funny? :D

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is it wrong that I find this funny? :D
It's funny because it's so stupidly ironic. Lets hope that someone, FDA or AMA or someone will put a ban to this... Parents and retailers mainly... especially if it's marketed to the youth... just how young is this guy thinking? 18-20 yr olds? Geez fella how many 15-17 year olds do those same 18-20 year olds know?

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Netherlands, where the drinking age is 16. Says they are looking at targeting under 16.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's funny because it's so stupidly ironic. Lets hope that someone, FDA or AMA or someone will put a ban to this... Parents and retailers mainly... especially if it's marketed to the youth... just how young is this guy thinking? 18-20 yr olds? Geez fella how many 15-17 year olds do those same 18-20 year olds know?
Lets ban celophane baggies too!:soapbox:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is to sell in Europe. I'm not sure how different their restrictions are when compared to USA. I wonder whether anyone would try to bring it over to the USA?

- Ceicei

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So you are okay with this premise of selling alcohol to youth?

- Ceicei

Bait took :)

Youth have easier access to hard drugs then to alcohal right now, so why not? I think drinking is better then Acid or E is it not?

Besides, at 3%? Light beer is higher then that, hard to do yourself much damage on a 3% drink. And if it is powdered and fruity, its probably also very sweet and will leave them feeling near death in the morning if they do drink a lot of it ;)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The product is still going to be subject to State and Federal Laws.
Sean
Yes that is (hopefully) true, but it's the marketing scheme they're promoting... just like selling cigarettes to youths, or promoting promiscuous sex with the sale of condoms to youths.
It's called, (at least in my opinion) irresponsible marketing.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So you are okay with this premise of selling alcohol to youth?

- Ceicei

No I'am not ok with it but if other people do not mind then that is there priority and who am I to tell someone in another country what o do. I make sure my childern will never have it until the proper time I hope.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bait took :)

Youth have easier access to hard drugs then to alcohal right now, so why not? I think drinking is better then Acid or E is it not?

Besides, at 3%? Light beer is higher then that, hard to do yourself much damage on a 3% drink. And if it is powdered and fruity, its probably also very sweet and will leave them feeling near death in the morning if they do drink a lot of it ;)

Well, how much alcohol is there in some types of prescription and OTC medication?
%think%

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Powdered alcohol. The possibilties are endless.

Snort it.
Add it to your cocktails to get even more drunker faster.
Mix it with the kool-aid at the PTA bake-sale.
Blow it in your enemy's eyes like a ninja.
Going camping. (yes this one might actually be a good idea.)
Use as a dry-rub for your brisket.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Powdered alcohol. The possibilties are endless.

Use as a dry-rub for your brisket.

Now this is something that might actually be useful... I wonder how that brisket will taste over the BBQ when prepared that way....

- Ceicei

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ROFLMAO!! That is hilarious! :roflmao:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
You can't market to kids in the US, can't do it with tobacco, can't do it with liquor.

Who cares if this comes to the US, do you really think one more beer/wine/liquor option is going to cause the downfall of our youth? Wine coolers were the rage among the girls when I was in high school, and at 18 I managed to drink enough tequila that the next time I had a margarita was when I was 26. When everything is illegal the last thing in the world that kids are going to go for is the stuff that doesn't get them drunk. Way easier to do tequila poppers or American piss-water beer that has 25% more alcohol by volume.

Lamont

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
You can't market to kids in the US, can't do it with tobacco, can't do it with liquor.

Lamont

For a certain definition of 'can't'....go look at the height of many cigarette ads these at your local minimart some time. Just 'cos Marlboro can't advertise in Boy's Life and Cosmo for Kids doesn't mean they're not marketing to the kids.

Latest Discussions