Possibly a very silly and useless question II

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK While I am learning Mandarin and Chinese characters I discussed my book idea with my wife and she likes it.

But she came up with one of her own that could happen much quicker. She speaks Mandarin and reads both pinyin and classical Chinese and I do Internal CMA so she wants to find martial arts books in China that have not been translated and translate them and then we can collaborate as to what it is saying based on her translation, TCM training and my CMA background and understanding of English.

We are going to start looking for books soon, basically the older the better. But if the author is still living that is good to for contact and clarification if needed, as well as permission to do this from the author if he is still alive or the authors family if necessary. I will be trying to stay close to excepted lineages so any books would have to be from someone in an excepted Xingyi or Tai Chi lineage

This is not the same thing as I will do later but it is a place to start

Question:

Would this type of thing be of interest to more people than just me?

What would be more of interest Tai Chi or Xingyi?

I am trying to stay close to what I am currently training and if it is up to me I am going to choose Xingyi.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea Xue! Personally I'd be more interested in ones about Tai Chi. You might even get chocolate pie for it!

Jeff

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Definately a good idea give it a whirl. Though understand that any type of book work whether translating or writing is tedious at times.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tell me about it! I should be writing right now!

Get to work. I have already put three hours in today.
icon6.gif

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Question:

I am trying to stay close to what I am currently training and if it is up to me I am going to choose Xingyi.

Awesome idea. And to answer your questions, well, at least my take on it:

1. A LOT of people (including myself) would be very interested in "authentic" books written by masters in China. Also, like you said, the older the better.

2. Given that everyone and thier dog practices Tai Chi (no offence, but you all know it's true :)), that would be of the most interest to the general public.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score

I'd be interewsted in both, but more in Xingyi. This is certainly a point of need in the MA community. I say go for it!