Possible Road Trip

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's a strong possibility that I'll be doing an extended road trip July - August. Pending some stuff, I'll be driving my grandfather from NY to the Atlanta GA area, then heading to Louisville KY to visit my dad for a few days, and doing some touristy stuff at the Shiloh battlefield park in Tennessee before heading back to Georgia. Time permitting, I'd love to hook up with some folks and chat a bit. Also, I'm planning on bringing my photo studio gear and booking shoots to help offset the trip costs. Once I know for sure, I can plan when I'll be where when. :D

You didnt say if Susan is going with you, if not I might be stealing her a couple times for some funky shoots LOL

Unfortunately she gets to stay home this trip and feed the cats so if you can ter her away from the new Mac, she's all yours. :D

Also planning on hitting both Georgia's Stone Mountain and Kennesaw Mountain, so if anyone in the area would like to join me, I'd love the company. :)

Holla' when you're planning on being in ATL. Maybe we can hook up. You say "August" sometime...will it be close to when DragonCon takes place? I'll definately be up there for that. Shoot me a line and let me know some dates.

Trip is planned for July 20th-August 8th. (click for schedule)

I'll be in Woodstock Georgia (Near Atlanta) for a week, Louisville Kentucky for about a week, and then back in Woodstock for 1 more week.

Currently planned stops are:
Stops, exact dates to be determined once I'm in the area.

Chattanooga TN - Chickamaugua & Chattanooga National Military Parks
Murfreeboro, TN - Stones River National Battlefield Park
Mammoth Cave National Park??
Shiloh TN National Military Park

Kennesaw, Georgia - Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park
Georgia - Picketts Mill Battlefield Historic Site
Stone Mountain Georgia - Stone Mountain Park

Now, if anyone in those areas or along those routes would like to set up professional portraits, either for themselves or their schools, contact me and we can discuss it in more depth. I'm asking for $100 deposits for any pro shoots because if no one commits I ain't hauling all my studio gear around needlessly.

If anyone wants to kill an hour or 2 wandering a battlefield with me, let me know. Also, love to meet up with as many folks as I can as time allows.

Unfortunately she gets to stay home this trip and feed the cats so if you can ter her away from the new Mac, she's all yours. :D

Bob, doesn't Tim have an event going on in July? You mean if I go out to Buffalo you might not be there? :(

Which route are you running down here to the grand ole south, Bob? If you're running I-81 then you're going to be within about 10 minutes of me when you come through Va. I-95, OTH, would put you out of reach. If you get down around Roanoke and need a place to crash for the night give me a call and you're welcome to use my spare room... or couch. Long as dogs, cats and snakes don't bother you (in the house) you'll do fine.

Rich,
Leaving the day after Tim's camp. I'm unveiling the 2009 Hartman Portrait at this years camp so have to be there. :)

Jeff,
We haven't decided yet on taking 79 or 75 down. Main reason for the trip is to drive my grandfather down to my uncles for a few weeks visit, with me taking some sightseeing detours on the side.

No, I'm greedy. Anyway, what else could I spend my billions on? :D

Revised Itinerary: July 20th-August 8th.
* July 20/21 On road, arriving Woodstock GA on 21st.

* July 25th On road, Stopping overnight in Chattanooga TN. Visiting Chickamaugua & Chattanooga National Military Parks

* July 26th On road, visiting Stones River National Battlefield Park, passing through Nashville TN.

* July 26th-31st Louisville KY

* August 1st Travel, possibly stopping in Chattanooga TN. Visiting Chickamaugua & Chattanooga National Military Parks

* August 2nd-7th Woodstock Ga.

* August 8th-9th On road home.

While in Woodstock, I'll be visiting Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, Picketts Mill Battlefield Historic Site & Stone Mountain Park.

So, anyone want to do a local MT meet up in the Atlanta Georgia or the Chattanooga Tenn. area? LOL!

Back