Poor excuse of an instructor and a human being

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is quite old. For one, the title is misleading. The man wasn't beaten to death. It has been years since I saw this, but the man did not die. The police investigated and did actually find him some time afterward.

Also, I don't think he's an MMA instructor.

Regardless, his behavior is disgusting.

Kframe

Black Belt
Reaction score
So was he found alive then? If so who was pulled from the dumpster from behind his Dojo? Now im all kinds of lost.

OP
R

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This story gives a little more information, acording to the story the victim survived.

http://pablolivardo.wordpress.com/2009/08/31/bobby-joe-blythe-case-closed/

That is what I remember; he survived and opted not to press charges.

Although the victim lived, the video is still equally disturbing. Perhaps mostly because the behavior is not so abberant as we might like to believe. This kind of thing is perpetuated by bullies in schoolyards daily across the nation and probably around the world. People stand by and do nothing as kids are beaten and humilated. There are some people who never leave high school. Physically, they do, but mentally, they just never grow up. Some of them join the military and get into the martial arts, but most simply find non violent ways of perpetuating this behavior.

OP
R

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is what I remember; he survived and opted not to press charges.

Although the victim lived, the video is still equally disturbing. Perhaps mostly because the behavior is not so abberant as we might like to believe. This kind of thing is perpetuated by bullies in schoolyards daily across the nation and probably around the world. People stand by and do nothing as kids are beaten and humilated. There are some people who never leave high school. Physically, they do, but mentally, they just never grow up. Some of them join the military and get into the martial arts, but most simply find non violent ways of perpetuating this behavior.

That is sad but true.

OP
R

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is one of the worst attitudes I have ever heard.

This video explains a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

It simply spells it out. But without seeing this video, I could have told you from the other video that he's set up a cult of impressionable students and plays king, living a juvenile fantasy. This is high school alpha dog bully behavior. I've seen it in far too many adults.

Edit: I finally had a chance to watch it fully. What he has is a cult. He separates his students from the rest of the world, sets them up as disciples (apparently, black belt = disciple in that school) and lays out negative consequences for them if they do not abide by his way of life. Even outside of the dojo.

OP
R

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
It simply spells it out. But without seeing this video, I could have told you from the other video that he's set up a cult of impressionable students and plays king, living a juvenile fantasy. This is high school alpha dog bully behavior. I've seen it in far too many adults.

Edit: I finally had a chance to watch it fully. What he has is a cult. He separates his students from the rest of the world, sets them up as disciples (apparently, black belt = disciple in that school) and lays out negative consequences for them if they do not abide by his way of life. Even outside of the dojo.

I found it quite disturbing, I hope he is not still teaching.

Kenpo5.0Hawker

Orange Belt
Reaction score

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score

He better be the absolute best in the world. With that attitude he is going to eventually pick on the guy (or girl) the is meaner, faster, better or just doesn't care at all and his world will come crashing down around him.

If you will excuse me I feel the need to go whistle and chew gum at the same time.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He better be the absolute best in the world. With that attitude he is going to eventually pick on the guy (or girl) the is meaner, faster, better or just doesn't care at all and his world will come crashing down around him.

If you will excuse me I feel the need to go whistle and chew gum at the same time.
Maybe he already has. Given that he's not still teaching karate, perhaps he's had his comeuppance. Probably not, but regardless, he's clearly an insecure and miserable boy.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I couldn't see the video but seeing everyone in an agreement, he must be quite shameful. It's people like that you gotta keep an eye on, never know when there gonna make a rash decision

Latest Discussions