Pin Sun WC KULO MUI SIFU Record Strait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondocks Jedi

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

You may have heard my name come up in these Pin Sun Wing Chun threads. My name is Marc. I read that last thread where an individual said I gave him the OK to to teach pin sun videos on public forums. I DID NOT. I was not even comfortable with KPM’s video camera when he came in and I made him sign a form for this very reason. I thought I was being paranoid but here we are. For the readers it’s not about being “secretive “ it is that our Sifu made a promise to his Sifu and these videos complete violate that promise. He did not even ask permission..,so disrespectful. KPM You Are not going to be the decider of pin sun be available to all. Your also not qualified! The techniques are not executed correctly. The explanations and jargon Explaining the techniques are incorrect as well kpm. Youre just making things up! Literally! and puting my name on here saying I gave you my blessing or whatever and I love what your doing??? My favorite: Leung Jan took what he thought was most important from TWC’s Siu Lim Tao and changed it to the second set of movements in pin sun. False. It’s just “little idea” It has nothing to do with the form. The name is the only common factor the purpose of the pin sun movement and TWC SLT form is completely unrelated.

Secondly what are your western boxing credentials? I have fused western boxing and southern Chinese boxing because I have the credentials and earned it. That means thousand of rounds in the ring with other fighters and professionals, Several amateur fights, TIME, energy commitment and blood sweat tears injuries and a broken up family from it. It takes a rediculous commitment to fuse the two arts effectively and train them simultaneously. So just wandering what your credentials are? You should’ve never directed me here to stick up for you. You had me fooled for a minute with Jim attacking and being unfair with you. So I come on here expecting to stick up for you and instead I have to see all this garbage! And You are completely instigating. And implying that I’m some kind of co-signer. Your title “This is gonna piss JR off”What’re you 12! Jim and I may have a different approach but he is my kung fu brother. At this point you disrespected sifu’s wishes and embarrassed me so you are out of the pin sun family. Sorry man.

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now hold on one minute. First of all, the release I signed was an agreement not to share the videos that I took. I didn't do that. Nothing was said about making videos of my own. Secondly, on that other thread I never said that you "gave me the OK to teach pin sun videos on public forums". I only said you gave me permission to teach Pin Sun to my students. Thirdly, this is the first time I'm hearing anything about "our Sifu made a promise to his Sifu and these videos completely violate that promise." Fourth point...I said in the thread that you gave your blessing on my knowledge of Pin Sun when I trained with you and that you never said I was just a "junior instructor" and could not teach others. Fifth point....by referring to "TWC's Siu Lim Tao"....I assume you mean "Traditional Wing Chun"....as in William Cheung's Wing Chun? If so, I never said that either! Jim was the one that referred to a TWC influence. I only said that the SLT set from Pin Sun was a portion of the original longer Siu Lim Tao form. Anyone looking at it can see that. And THAT is something that Jim told me when I trained with him!

And, to make sure we are clear....you are referring to the videos where I was showing how Pin Sun influenced my "Wing Chun Boxing"? Then yes, the jargon was my own and I "literally made it up" because it is my own version of "Wing Chun Boxing." And I said that. And why would I need to have any lofty 'boxing credentials" to play with how I would combine my Wing Chun with a boxing base? People do that all the time. You can see it in their sparring clips. And you can also clearly see that a lot of the time their knowledge of boxing is a lot less than mine! I was just sharing what we were doing. No one has to follow along if they don't like it or agree with what I was doing.

My apologies if I have offended you. That was really not my intent. I had the distinct impression you were a lot more free and open-minded than Jim. When I was training with you the topic of using a tactical folder came up. I mentioned I had done some training in Michael Janich's method. You encouraged me to continue with that and explore how it overlapped and worked with Pin Sun. I remember you saying more than once something along the lines of "the knowledge is yours, do whatever you want with it."

You've told me that your approach at the Redline Gym is to continue to expand on the system not get stuck on past traditions. You said that Wing Chun is a conceptual art that grows and changes like any other art or form of combat. You even commented that If the founders of the system had the access to as many martial arts as we have today they would likely be changing things a bit and exploring as well. So I have to say that I really am taken aback by your response and attitude here on this post. My jaw dropped when I read it.

And I just discovered that you also "unfriended" me on Facebook! Wow!

Last edited:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thread locked.
I strongly suggest posters read and follow the TOS, or accounts will be going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions