Physical Training

OP
S

SaiyanPrince

White Belt
Reaction score
Or they could be a high level Qigong practitioner who sees no reason to fight.

And or the record; training qi by meditation does not equate to overweight. And many people train for many different reasons and the fact that they do not have a strict physical exercise routine does not mean they are out of shape or lacking. They train hard at what they believe is best for them and if they are training high level Qi they tend to avoid the external because it adversely affects the training.

I have tried to train high levels and it is not easy. It takes way too much concentration and the complete lack of concentration at the same time and without a very highly trained teacher available to you 24/7 it can be very dangerous. I no longer work at training high levels.

Additionally many of those that truly and strictly train Qi will out live us all, you should not take that type of training lightly.

Hey, it was a joke :), and qi gong requires physical movement so im not talking about those practitioners, the people I was refering to were those who only meditate and never threw a punch or kick in their entire life, but have strong ki.

OP
S

SaiyanPrince

White Belt
Reaction score
Good point. My Sifu is very very high level in Chi Kung, which is only because he was a live in disciple of his Chi Kung master, which took over twenty years to acheive. He is probably almost 70, but he has an uncanny youthful energy that constantly amazes me. Some day I hope to learn from him about training strictly Qi.

Its cool to see how much you respect and honor your master!

PeaceWarrior

Green Belt
Reaction score
I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to study with him. He has taught me more about martial arts than I could have ever hoped to learn. Hes a good man, and a wonderful mentor and teacher. I really do hope that I can emulate him in my life, truly. Its a great thing when you find exactly what you were looking for just around the corner.

Peace

Kimasterterralegion

White Belt
Reaction score
Yes I Believe push-ups and physical exercise build your Ki But it doesn't teach the soft version the concentration, form, and massively controlled breathing that you'll need to focus and control your Ki. But I'm not arguing.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
[PHPWho do you think would have stronger Ki, a person who does breathing exercises and meditates less than 30 minutes ever day or a person that does stuff like pushups, situps and runs for hours ever day while still bieng in total control of his breathe every second?

Who do you think would have stronger ki in this situation, A person who does breathing exercises and meditates a couple of hours a day, everday, or a person who does thousands of pushups, situps and runs 100 miles a day everday while still bieng total control of his breathe?][/PHP]

Greetings I am not sure whom would have stronger Qi since breathing is just one aspect of Qigong and then again what type of breathing?
Mediation again what type of mediation? here is a thought on Push ups and situps and running for hours "San Gong" then who would have more Qi generated?
In regards to the second question both are extreme cases.Does performing a set of Baduanjin(8 brocades) for 16 hours a day give you more of a health effect than say 3 times a day. Would running 100 miles make you stronger or just cause Heart problems? I really do not know in Qigong it is about balance and without balance you could not generate much Qi in the first place.

Latest Discussions