• Land line only

• Cell phone and land line

• Cell phone only

• I don't have any phones

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slippery_Pete

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have both a cell phone and land line right now but only a land line cause i live with 3 other people and the phone is provided...when i move out and get a place of my own, i will only have a cell phone

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
once I got DSL figured no more reason to waste $30+ for a landline since me and wife both have phones. much easier to kill the ringer too :) so, just cell for us.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, I have a wireless phone as well as a cell phone. I guess the wireless could be considered a land line, so yes, we have both.

- Ceicei

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, my vote was for Cell Phone Only...until I left it in a rented car. The rental agency SAYS they have it. They just can't find it. DOH!

I swear they are getting back at me for negotiating down my rate. ;)

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll be getting DSL in the next couple of months. I'll be getting rid of my land line then. Only use it for getting online. (Gasp!!! Yes, I'm still on dial-up for the moment)

Jeff

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have the cell and landline. I would be happy just with the cell but the wife wants both! :0)

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have cell only. I actually don't like phones at all, however I got in a fght with Verizon's terrible customer service so I got a cell phone and a cable modem to handle my meeds

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a cell for emergencies, and a land line at home. I would switch to cell only, but I have to have the land line for the DSL.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a cell that's work issued and a land line. Personally, I find talking on cell phones annoying, so I keep the land line in the off chance a call is ever actually for me.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Land line only. I actually hate cell phones and refuse to carry one. My wife has one, but I don't go near it if I can help it.

If I'm not around the phone, maybe I don't want to talk to you. I won't carry an electronic leash.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
My cell is for emergencies and most of the time it is off. That being said, if I had better reception in my house (and its terrible) then I would be tempted to switch. My land line is hooked to quite literally one of the oldest phone wires in the state, and when it rains (or a big melt-off) the phone will get real scratchy, stop working, cause the phone to ring, or randomly dial 911.

Lamont

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, The trend is cell phones, so many people have it with them all the time. It is easier to reach the people you want to talk too. No waiting to go home and call or use a pay phone.

Convenience....we can't live without them anymore...the cell phones.

We have a land line at home too. In time we will have it disconnected...but it is still use at home alot. That is use as our main calling number for family, friends and business,(cell numbers are been share with the closest to us also).

Have you notice phones bills use to be small. With the invention of cells and there service....we pay alot more today to call someone. (off course the cell phones can do almost anything today.

There will always be those who want to keep the land lines, business need them, ...telegraph use to be popular too....tomorrow...it will be a wrist watch/combintion cell phone with GPS. ...and digital too!

We have one land line, 3 cells, and now my daughter (14) wants one....four of us in the family.

To get or not to get? ......one more cell phone? There are many reasons why Dad say's NO......any suggestions here? ....Aloha

PS: she wants one that works too!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I habe a cell phone and a land line. Before we moved I couldn't get a signal at our house...now I can get a signal everywhere but still want a landline for emergency use (911) or for document information..

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Land line at home.. I despise all phones.. but good to have out here in the boonies.. Course being out here now limits us to either purchasing Satellite equip. for Internet or using dial-up.. soo on dial-up now.. which is why I'm hardly online anymore..
Seig uses his cell and blackberry.. I am still in the dark ages techno-communication-wise ;)

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have cell and land line (for local calling only). In the long run it is cheaper for me cause I have the minimum number of cell phone minutes so all the toll-free calls and incoming calls I get on the land line and I don't go over cell minutes.

Latest Discussions