My door is always open.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh

Last edited:

Martial_Kumite

Green Belt
Reaction score
What say I? I say that this thread will be locked within 2 days tops.

Also, move on. Please. Why bring the pollution into this moving river?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
International site and there's a recession on which precludes many from supporting things they'd like to, to my mind it's enough they post and enjoy, they may not even be training because of costs ( or injuries) and MT is that link which helps them keep in touch with something they love. I cannot afford a lifetime supporting membership, I'm retired and have to watch the pennies. I pay what I can and I do not begrudge those who don't or can't pay.

As for the title, well, frankly who gives a monkeys? I'm not the martial arts police nor is anyone else here. There's a thread about humility on MT perhaps we should have one about tolerance for others. Without bringing politics into this but touching on them, I will say there's too much intolerance, hatred, name calling in this world as it is, we should not be bringing it onto this site as well. I for one think it's inappropriate and unwelcome.

What say I? I say that this thread will be locked within 2 days tops.

Perhaps not even that long.

Martial_Kumite

Green Belt
Reaction score
Lucky I reported it before it changed then.
I honestly dont care if people voice thier minds, but personal diggs at people are just childish an uncalled for. Ask questions, give critisism, I dont care, just be respect people, or at least tolerate them enough to let it go.

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
This forum has always been a tad on the wimpy side.

Seems fakes and frauds are allowed to post up and Lifetime Supporting Members get questioned.

Enjoy malcontents.

Last edited:

Martial_Kumite

Green Belt
Reaction score
No one asked for your opinion.

And if you cannot be adult enough to stop a fraud from claiming mastery. How about getting the heck off a martial arts forum.

Please take some of your own medicine, then get back to me in the morning. He did not claim mastery and even admitted that his art is growing. I am done arguing with someone who is not willing to have an open mind. If you want to have an ACTUAL discussion on people pretending to know an art, then by al means go ahead. I don't have a problem with that. What I find childish is when people bring personal grudges, get mad, then try to trash people's threads, and other people on that thread (besides the OP).

Thank you and have a nice day.

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
Who cares what you think?

Frauds suck and they should be routed out, tarred and feathered.

MT has more so called martial artists who really are wimps with no spinal nor testicular fortitude.

Sad, and pathetic.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Who cares what you think?

Frauds suck and they should be routed out, tarred and feathered.

MT has more so called martial artists who really are wimps with no spinal nor testicular fortitude.

Sad, and pathetic.
Take your ball and go home

OP
D

DaleDugas

My door is always open.
Reaction score
How about we Adult more and whine less?

Time to put our Adult pants on.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This forum has always been a tad on the wimpy side.

Seems fakes and frauds are allowed to post up and Lifetime Supporting Members get questioned.

Enjoy malcontents.
I also don't like fakes and frauds. But it seems this man is the biggest problem in your life, which doesn't tell very good about you. And we even didn't watch the man in action... Maybe you are perturbed because he his selling "Wing Chun / Kung Fu", as I am when someone tries to sell "self defence". Anyway, let go... relax. It seems you have Liver stagnation. ;)

Lifetime support doesn't make your opinion more valid. Only make you more respectable for financing this public service. Thank you, all the supporters.

Finally, you could use your knowledge in a positive way, replying questions or starting threads related with your specialities.

Last edited:

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well since this is a public forum if someone presents his made up art we are allowed to question it. We can't do fraud busting as that's the policy here but if someone presents it we can discuss it.

If said artist created a style that looks concrete, has a sound concept and theory with a solid foundation like say a wing chun offshoot from a student of say 30 years but added some bjj to it and uses the bjj for his ground work after taking the center line and called it wing chun tactics I wouldn't say much about it, however when someone uses strange Chinese hanzi, pseudo Chinese proverbs, vague generalization of an art and just a misunderstanding of other arts to create his art then yes we should ask him for clarification and use counter points so other people who don't know what is real Chinese martial arts can see for themselves.

marques

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well since this is a public forum if someone presents his made up art we are allowed to question it. We can't do fraud busting as that's the policy here but if someone presents it we can discuss it.

If said artist created a style that looks concrete, has a sound concept and theory with a solid foundation like say a wing chun offshoot from a student of say 30 years but added some bjj to it and uses the bjj for his ground work after taking the center line and called it wing chun tactics I wouldn't say much about it, however when someone uses strange Chinese hanzi, pseudo Chinese proverbs, vague generalization of an art and just a misunderstanding of other arts to create his art then yes we should ask him for clarification and use counter points so other people who don't know what is real Chinese martial arts can see for themselves.
Make sense.

Besides, we need to manage our emotions. Everyday, names are misused in every field... It just happened this time your passion was touched.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If someone posts up, yes we can look at it and discuss it. 'Discuss' being the operative word of course, not attack the poster, not attack anyone and everyone, not attack posters on here ( no, I have no testicular fortitude at all, it would be worrying if I had), not be 'Mr. Angry' which frankly. is embarrassing to read, to make such a fool of oneself on here while ranting like a sad drunk down and out shouting at pigeons on the street is something no one wants to see.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If someone posts up, yes we can look at it and discuss it. 'Discuss' being the operative word of course, not attack the poster, not attack anyone and everyone, not attack posters on here ( no, I have no testicular fortitude at all, it would be worrying if I had), not be 'Mr. Angry' which frankly. is embarrassing to read, to make such a fool of oneself on here while ranting like a sad drunk down and out shouting at pigeons on the street is something no one wants to see.
Well I can only speak about myself and my questioning someone's claims and expertise if someone's claims and expertise do not add up or if say someone uses a term incorrectly but insists it means that . By the way tez I miss your get backers avatar from way back then!

Martial_Kumite

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well I can only speak about myself and my questioning someone's claims and expertise if someone's claims and expertise do not add up or if say someone uses a term incorrectly but insists it means that .

This makes sense. The issue is when questioning for understanding turns into angry ranting, and name calling. I personally enjoy questions, it makes me use my brain once in a while.:p But I will also take a while to think about what I am saying before I say it. Just calling people out, or angrily ranting just shows that you wrote it, and did not really think about what you are writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions