Passions, a Sith Perspective - Part 1 of 5

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Bah. Hate is an incredibly useful weapon in the short run. Just not your own. However, turn allies upon on another, and you merely have to pick up the remains. Use someones hate as a carrot. A person's hate may be directed to an outside threat, yourself, or themselves. Either way, that hate can be used to direct their actions.

Throw a string of biting insults at someone who hates you and likely they'll charge. But as an animal. Animals make easier meals than men.

In the "New Jedi Order" books, one of the Jedi Masters that survived the Jedi "cleansing" and lived to tutor Jacen Solo, was Vergere. She became a Grey Jedi & worked with Count Dooku and was trained by Darth Sidious as a Sith Adept. She tried to kill Sidious but failed and escaped, so she's pretty good (& by good I mean bad ***).
She made strong points about emotion, that Anger isn't bad, it's natural. Rage is undesirable since it's uncontrolled. Fear isn't bad, it's natural & often helpful. Terror is undesirable since it's uncontrolled. She's at least on par with Yoda as far as power levels go (smashing huge ships together with her mind, stuff like that. She give Luke headaches when he tries to grill her on her understanding of the Force, and she uses torture to bring Jacen to a greater understanding of the Force, basically shortcutting around the long Padewan tutoring process.)

If you want a new experience of the Force & the "new" understanding that healthy emotions are a part of the Force, read "Traitor" by Matt Stover. It's brilliant, & most stores don't have it, it always sells. Order it.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Could this be the "balance in the force" that Obi-wan was looking for?
I think it was... or rather it was what Qui-Gon was looking for... (the Star Wars one not our own MT-er), Obi-wan probably learned later with the birth of the twins that the Chosen One was indeed Anakin but not THE one that would balance the force.
Anakin/Vader was probably the chosen one but he was to be the one to BRING the balance to the force (as quoted by Mace Windu) ... which was Luke (and Leia). Luke used his anger to defeat Vader, but then his love defeated Palpatine. True via Vader but he refused to join the emperor because he wanted to stay a Jedi... like his father before him.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it was... or rather it was what Qui-Gon was looking for... (the Star Wars one not our own MT-er), Obi-wan probably learned later with the birth of the twins that the Chosen One was indeed Anakin but not THE one that would balance the force.
Anakin/Vader was probably the chosen one but he was to be the one to BRING the balance to the force (as quoted by Mace Windu) ... which was Luke (and Leia). Luke used his anger to defeat Vader, but then his love defeated Palpatine. True via Vader but he refused to join the emperor because he wanted to stay a Jedi... like his father before him.

Anakin Skywalker/Vader was the first Jedi to go over to the Dark Side, not to surrender to it but to be "seduced" by the Dark Side, & come back to the Light. I don't think he ever really settled into the Dark Side like Sidious, I doubt any Jedi could, too much prior conditioning. He was the first (that I can think of) to go to the Dark Side in a real way and then come back to the Light, not including Ulic Qel-Droma, since he never had the opportunity to come back to the Light, even though upon dying his body vanished in Jedi Master fashion.
Luke was the one that really brought balance in a tangible way, since he was the first Jedi Master to go to the Dark Side & come back & then TEACH from that standpoint. We see Kip Durron later go to the Dark Side, also Vergere going with Sidious and being a Gray Jedi, and then Jacen Solo attaining Master status and then becoming a full-blown Sith Lord (he may come back to the Light, we'll have to see, but I suspect he'll end up Grey with Vergere's influence on him being paramount in his development.)

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Dungeons and Dragons I think said it best, with their alignment matrix.

One could be any of several combinations:
Lawful Good
Neutral Good
Chaotic Good
Lawful Neutral
Neutral
Chaotic Neutral
Lawful Evil
Neutral Evil
Chaotic Evil

Each with it's own set of quirk, etc.

4th Edition = NO ALIGNMENTS
(from what I've heard, I have a friend that writes for Dungeon)

KenJoe

White Belt
Reaction score
It is Anakin, because when you think about it he killed scores of Jedi, leaving only two alive. Then after decaying into Vader, he kills Sidius and himself in the end, leaving only Luke...

But unless Luke walked the middle road and walked it alone...the imbalance would still remain would it not?