Passing the lagacy

Lord-Humongous

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Surely she is being given the belt to tie around her father's waist. We do that at my school, if the children/wife/parents are present, they get to tie the belt around their "just promoted" loved one. This man doesn't look crazy enough to give a 7 year old (who isn't even wearing a dobok) a black belt.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was thinking something similar. Where is the dobok? If this girl earned a BB why is she not in uniform with her previous belt on? I know that there are different ways of doing things, but I think you would get your new belt in a more formal way.

Or this may just be Manny passing his old belt to his daughter. I think this is the case the more I think about it.

Last edited:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is manny handing down his old BB to his daughter, he is hoping she will continue his legacy and I hope so as well.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is manny handing down his old BB to his daughter, he is hoping she will continue his legacy and I hope so as well.

Yes Terry, I gave my daughter my old belt hoping some day she will wear it with pride.

I love TKD and last year Ana wanted to join TKD so I encourage her proudly, sadly Ana droped TKD afther 6 months of training arguing she was bored because she did the same thing every day.

Past monday afther my sambonim tied me my new secon dan black belt with some tricks I call Ana inside the mat and asked my other daughter (Laura) to take us a shot with her cel phone.

I gave Ana my old belt with pride and let her know I will be happy if she will continue with the legacy, offcourse Ana refuses latter because she's doing atlethics (track) and she's having more fun on the track, however I don't loose my fate that someday Ana will return to TKD and she can achieve BB status and then wear his dad's BB.

Manny

Gorilla

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Great Stuff Manny!!!! What a beautiful young Lady. Congrats on your Second Dan! It took my daughter 5 years to decide on TKD and WOW she will Test for 2nd Dan in August.

Latest Discussions