Pardon me, you've got a stain on your...

OP
D

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
Yeah, I can see where you guys are coming from. I really didn't want to say anything because her test wasn't going well. The sabunims gave her a hard time on her spinning wheel, hook, and crossing kicks. After that, she failed on her form. She was already visibly upset, and I didn't want to hammer an extra nail into her self-esteem. I suppose should it come up again, I'll have another person tell her.

donna

Black Belt
Reaction score
To those of you that said you would not say anything, you obviously will never be in that situation(male) , or if you are female ,have yet to experience it. We cannot always choose when testing will happen, and it sometimes comes down to making a decision to test or not test because it is the wrong time of the month. It is terribly embarrasing for the person it happens to, even though we are all supposed to be adult with a mature outlook to these issues. I have had it happen to me (not in a Martial arts setting) and no one told me till I discoverd it at home. Believe me I KNEW everyone would hve noticed and was very traumatised to think who would have noticed. If someone had said something before it got too noticable it would have been so much more dignified for me. If it happens in a Martial arts setting, show your fellow martial artist some respect and mention it in a descreet way.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
donna said:
To those of you that said you would not say anything, you obviously will never be in that situation(male) , or if you are female ,have yet to experience it. We cannot always choose when testing will happen, and it sometimes comes down to making a decision to test or not test because it is the wrong time of the month. It is terribly embarrasing for the person it happens to, even though we are all supposed to be adult with a mature outlook to these issues. I have had it happen to me (not in a Martial arts setting) and no one told me till I discoverd it at home. Believe me I KNEW everyone would hve noticed and was very traumatised to think who would have noticed. If someone had said something before it got too noticable it would have been so much more dignified for me. If it happens in a Martial arts setting, show your fellow martial artist some respect and mention it in a descreet way.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I agree it would be the right thing to do--discreetly informing them. Honestly though, I don't think I would say anything. I would be so uncomfortable in bringing it up, and wouldn't know how exactly to do it, that I probably wouldn't say anything. It's like one of those situations of being wrong no matter what you do. some would be embarrassed, some wouldn't. I think it's lose, lose either way.