Palgwe Pal Chung

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the movement 28-35 is this a double inside out block or a double knifehand or a sudo close fist , I know with my experience ZI should know but never really did the palgwe. If you know a good book on these forms please advise me in the right direction. Title aurtur year publish, the older version is what I would love to have not anything new and improved.
Terry Lee Stoker

rmclain

Black Belt
Reaction score
Palgue 7-8 of Taekwondo Hyung By: Kim Pyung Soo Ohara Publications ~1976

You should be able to pick up all of the Palgue books by this author at Lang Son Traders on Abram St. Ask Mrs. Tang Wah for the Palgue books published by Grandmaster Kim Soo.

Palgue 1-2-3 of Taekwondo Hyung was published in 1973

Palgue 4-5-6 of Taekwondo Hyung was published in 1974.

The author, Grandmaster Kim Soo, was present at the original Korean Taekwondo Association clinics in 1973 that introduced these forms for gup-grade holders in Taekwondo. He was the first to publish these in the US.

R. McLain

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know Mrs Wah and I go there all the time I'll look into those books thanks.

Terry Lee Stoker

J

Jim Tindell

The spread blocks?!

I don't follow the movement numbers very well. Sorry.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
The hardcover Kukkiwon Textbook has the Palgwe series in it (and the accompanying videotape has GM LEE, Chong Kwan performing them).

Another good written reference for poomsae (especially because it shows transitions between movements) is Master Kim Jeong Rok's English/Korean series "Taekwondo Textbook (Vol 1 is Taeguek series, Vol 2 is Palgwe, and Vol 3 is Yudanja Poomsae). It is available through Best Martial Arts/Sang Moo Sa and I think Asian World of MA.

Miles

Latest Discussions