Pain compliance techniques - yay or nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You abuse something long enough, it’s going to eventually fight back with no regard for their personal being, because they have nothing left to lose.

Lucky for us it was only those BLM protests. Frankly, we deserve worse for the crap we’ve done, and continue to do.
Yep. That has much more weight with the most recent of events. Not at all for things that occurred 200 years ago.

oftheherd11

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Showing up just fine and dandy on my screen, bro.

Amazing. I have to do some checking. All I can see is my statement of not being able to see my original post. Thanks for the feedback.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
no mate, it was worn correctly,

a friend of mine, eho had far to much time pn his hands used to listen to the police wave band

and noted, that the vast majority of call were looking for some one wearing a bb cap, he sugested that if they just arrested everyone with a bb cap they could cut crime dramatically, seems the police came to much the same conclusion

Over here it was an addidas tracksuit and a bum bag.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Did you mean unimpressed by you or they are unimpressive?

The cops in question are pretty decent. But they are also big dudes. The cops were unimpressed with the standard of training.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yep. That has much more weight with the most recent of events. Not at all for things that occurred 200 years ago.

200? Look up Jim Crow. That wasn’t 200 years ago.

Kemposhot

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The big thing you need to ask yourself is, if you want a more professional police force with significantly better training and higher educational levels you need to pay them like professionals. With a few exceptions, policing is not a highly paid profession across most of the US. Do you support raising taxes to do this?

All of this costs money. My experience many departments try and do the best they can with the resources they’re given. This is why I take particular issue with calls to “defund the police.” We can reallocate funds for things like mental health training but in no way should we remove money that would hinder police training.

The issue I’m hearing in my neck of the woods now is that while outside training is great and definitely better than what officers are taught, you’re looking at possible criminal charges if you do something that wasn’t taught in the academy/official training. Everything is optics, and the average person has a Hollywood idea in their heads on what force and violence “should” look like.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The big thing you need to ask yourself is, if you want a more professional police force with significantly better training and higher educational levels you need to pay them like professionals. With a few exceptions, policing is not a highly paid profession across most of the US. Do you support raising taxes to do this?

All of this costs money. My experience many departments try and do the best they can with the resources they’re given. This is why I take particular issue with calls to “defund the police.” We can reallocate funds for things like mental health training but in no way should we remove money that would hinder police training.

The issue I’m hearing in my neck of the woods now is that while outside training is great and definitely better than what officers are taught, you’re looking at possible criminal charges if you do something that wasn’t taught in the academy/official training. Everything is optics, and the average person has a Hollywood idea in their heads on what force and violence “should” look like.

I said earlier that I'm all for cops being paid more. Teachers and cops definitely deserve to be paid more than what they are.

However, with higher pay there needs to be higher levels of professionalism and accountability.

Kemposhot

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I said earlier that I'm all for cops being paid more. Teachers and cops definitely deserve to be paid more than what they are.

However, with higher pay there needs to be higher levels of professionalism and accountability.

Few would argue with that. I’d even suggest you raise the educational requirements since they’d be getting paid a better wage as well.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

i think thats a false dilemma to be honest, the codt of policing in the US budget is minuscule , the cost of training them better would be less than miniscule, a cent a week on tax ?????,, maybe a lot, lot less than that

nor do you really want intellectuals doing the job, just ordinary everyday folk that dont have personity disorders,

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thread locked

You guys are talking purely about politics, and not on topic at all. As a reminder, if you wish to talk about politics, there are other forums available for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions