Pack your uniform in your car, or go home first?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm just curious, do you bring your uniform with you as you start your school/work day before class that night, or do you get a chance to go home first before class? Or maybe you have a locker at your school?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I frequently have something I can wear to train in my car, even if it's not my full training bag.

CrimsonPhoenix

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The college I go to is only a fifteen minute drive from my house. My Tuesday night class doesn't start until 6, so I generally have the time to go home for a while.

On the occassion that I know I'm going to be out all day, I'll try to remember to take my uniform with me.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I had lockers at a few of my previous schools. And for those I didnt, and when I brought a clean one, I went home after work and got it. I dont keep anything in my cars. that away they stay clean and less likely to get broken into.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I go home and get a bite to eat first. Then take a nap. After that I wake up watch 30 mins of TV and stretch. Then I go to the dojang. Lucky me for now...
icon10.gif

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I work as a personal trainer, so I have the great option of wearing gi pants all day at work. I also don't live far from where I work or teach. So I don't have to take my uniform with me, but I don't seem to be to far from it. I have always kept a spare uniform in my car and one at the school.

At current, having lost my job a couple of weeks back along with the place I WAS teaching, I am carrying my uniform with me. Since my interim school has no locker space.

Xinglu

Black Belt
Reaction score
I pack a bag with my training gear and uniform and take it to work with me.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have flexible hours so I can usually decide if I want to go home first or work a little extra so I can go directly to the Dojo. No locker so I will often bring the bag to work.

Korppi76

Green Belt
Reaction score
Depends of day. If I have time, I go home to get my training bag. If practice start so early or I work late then I get training bag or minimum practice gear with me. As I don't have car ( This really bothers some people ) I have to carry everything so I try to keep my bags light.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fortunately I am self employed and can usually work things so I'm home by 2 o'clock and class is a t 5 o'clock so I get some time to rest up and have a bite to eat before class.

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
We had our uniforms/work out clothes at work with us (military) and we would hold our training sessions either before duty or just after depending on what shift we had that week.

After retirement, I would have time to go home and change, then as I instructed more, I just kept it with me, felt like old times again rush, rush LOL.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All my martial arts kit is kept in the club, I will change straight from work for training leaving my work stuff there. Before work I will use club to change into work clothes so club doubles as a changing place for me. I can go into the club anytime and train on my own as well which is handy on night shifts.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I attend class I have about a 3 hour drive so I usually pack my uniform and change when I get where I am going. Now coming back I may simply take the top off and put on a fresh t-**** and jacket over my gi bottoms.

I do not believe parading around in my full uniform. I feel it is to much like bragging or saying "LOOK AT ME"

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always have a gear bag in my car, just in case I need one. You never know when somebody will say lets get together and train.

jamz

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I bring everything to the dojo in a bag, and street clothes are hung on hooks in the changing room.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
On club days I take my gear (currently trying muay thai, and no time for karate also unfortunately so goju ryu on hold, which means all I need is MT shorts, which is a bonus!), incl mouthguard, gloves in my bag to work and they just sit in the corner 'til work is done and the fun can begin. Then jump on the subway to training and the same home.

dbell

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I always have one or two gi sets in the car, as well as bokken, shinai and bogu. Wife doesn't like it that my trunk is always full though....

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
As a total aside, I love the posts such as "training is not until 6pm" etc and all that. Wow, what a life. My training is either at 6.30 or 8.30 and it's a struggle to make either time and going to the club normally means logging back on to work later that night.
It's good to see all sorts on this site and it makes me re-think my priorities at times!!

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score
I pack my bag with me just in case. I am used to carrying a duffel anyway, since I carry my regular gym bag too. I still go home before class to pick up my Wife, who is also in my class, but if something should happen at work adn I have to go straight to class I have my gear.

I even take my whole bag, with sparring gear, on days we most likely will not be sparring, just in case.

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to leave work early on karate nights so I can get home, feed the kids (I make dinner in the crock pot that morning so it will be ready), get them ready to go, and then go to class. It's a tad hectic.

Latest Discussions