P90X Again

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well....finally started again & have a plan....aAfter many failed attempts at trying to find the time after work/supper/etc.... I am on the mission....During my lunch time!
I started yesterday & am on my second day...88 more to go for this round...
We moved into half of our building... so the empty half ( for which I still have access) has become mine..... It is a secured area that few have access to....Works for now...until somebody lays the hammer down.....

tyciol

White Belt
Reaction score
I bought one of those lever chinup bars produced by P90, it came with a DVD although it was 90% just a copy of one of their infomercials, with a couple pushups/chins demonstrated that didn't teach much. I have to say, it's a nice bar though. You do need mounting screws though, unlike the simpler lighter ones I've seen out there.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I found a chin-up bar that is pretty much the same as the P90X version but hangs in the door jamb without fasteners. I can easily put it in place and remove it.

On another note: I get bombarded with advertisements (e-mail) from the P90X people, EVERYDAY... I love P90X but C'MON...

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
I found a chin-up bar that is pretty much the same as the P90X version but hangs in the door jamb without fasteners. I can easily put it in place and remove it.

On another note: I get bombarded with advertisements (e-mail) from the P90X people, EVERYDAY... I love P90X but C'MON...

Sounds like a good idea, where did you get it? What brand is it?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Aefibird

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have one of those, it fits in the doorway and is easily removeable (so you don't bash your head walking though! :D ). I got mine from Argos, it was pretty cheap but it's a good piece of kit.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yep, got a similar pull-up bar for X-Mas, and am working through week 3 of the P90X plan right now (1 1/2 h Yoga this morning :)). Great workouts, especially when added on top of the martial arts and a couple of other things...

OP
Jdokan

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
I bought one of those lever chinup bars produced by P90, it came with a DVD although it was 90% just a copy of one of their infomercials, with a couple pushups/chins demonstrated that didn't teach much. I have to say, it's a nice bar though. You do need mounting screws though, unlike the simpler lighter ones I've seen out there.

I do not believe so based upon what I've on tv....I had a friend weld one up for me and it is mounted to the ceiling in my dojo...Very useful tool....

Into my second week....lovin' every minute...

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Does the P90X require equipment, like the chin up bar or free weights?

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
They definitely help, although all of the exercises have alternatives using the resistance bands as well (for those who don't want to store the free weights, or if you want to do some of the workouts on the go). The pullup substitutes with the bands need a good anchor to do properly.

Having tried many of the exercises with both weights and bands, I prefer the weights. My wife prefers the bands to the pullup bar because she can get more reps without killing herself.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
They definitely help, although all of the exercises have alternatives using the resistance bands as well (for those who don't want to store the free weights, or if you want to do some of the workouts on the go). The pullup substitutes with the bands need a good anchor to do properly.

Having tried many of the exercises with both weights and bands, I prefer the weights. My wife prefers the bands to the pullup bar because she can get more reps without killing herself.

I agree. The weights are better for me than the bands. I also use the 'perfect pushup'. These things give you a better quality pushup and the handles rotate. Also less stress on my wrists.

Latest Discussions