Out of Town!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted to say Bye for a bit. :wavey:

I'm taking the family on vacation tomorrow morning and will be away from the computer, phone, TV, work, etc... for a few weeks. That means I'll not be able to post here, or bother anybody on MT for a bit. We are headed back "home" to West Michigan to look for some King Salmon, Steelhead, and other tasty fish. Oh yeah, the wife is going to lay on the beach and dig her toes into the nice sand while the 4 Ruffians splash in the clear waters of Lake Michigan.

Catch up with you all in a few.

Drac - if you happen to see a white Suburban with Maine plates, pulling what appears to be a "Jed Clampett" camper through Cleveland Tomorrow night late, or Thursday morning really early, wave! (And don't pull me over please. :) )

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have a great trip, Scott... and eat a King salmon fillet for me, if you catch any!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have a great trip Scott! :) :)

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have a great trip, Scott... and eat a King salmon fillet for me, if you catch any!

I'll do a Maple glazed Salmon fillet on the grill in your honor. It will be tough, but I'll preserver and get it all down.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I'm taking the family on vacation tomorrow morning and will be away from the computer, phone, TV, work, etc... for a few weeks. That means I'll not be able to post here, or bother anybody on MT for a bit. We are headed back "home" to West Michigan to look for some King Salmon, Steelhead, and other tasty fish. Oh yeah, the wife is going to lay on the beach and dig her toes into the nice sand while the 4 Ruffians splash in the clear waters of Lake Michigan.

Drac - if you happen to see a white Suburban with Maine plates, pulling what appears to be a "Jed Clampett" camper through Cleveland Tomorrow night late, or Thursday morning really early, wave! (And don't pull me over please. :) )
Yall come back now, hear?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Have a safe trip and welcome back to the West Coast (of Michigan)! I'll be on the lookout for your Suburban, although I'll likely be at work when you come through my area (late Thursday AM or early PM, I'm guessing).

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Scott, here's hoping you and yours have a safe and happy vacation. You guys are about to embark on something that has fallen way too far to the wayside in the american family of late...the family vacation. Sure, Disneyland/world/galaxy stays busy but that's one of those places that you can spend a week and never really have to deal with the family. Hitting the great outdoors, leaving technology behind and taking time to just concentrate on those who are most important to your life is the thing that will keep this country strong.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Scott, How was the trip 'home' and the fishing?

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Scott, How was the trip 'home' and the fishing?

Oops, I asked this question before you were back (I misread a date of a post of yours thinking you were back) and now the thread 'scrolled away'.

So, how was it? If you don't mind me asking.

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oops, I asked this question before you were back (I misread a date of a post of yours thinking you were back) and now the thread 'scrolled away'.

So, how was it? If you don't mind me asking.

Fantastic!!!!!!!!! Fishing was a bit slow due to the warm weather keeping the Kings out of the Pere Marquette River, but still managed a couple. Just relaxed and did nothing really planned. The Ruffians wanted to go down the the Lake and splash around, that's what we did. If the wife wanted to go somewhere, we did. If I just wanted to take a break and wander down the river I grew up with and love, that is what we did. A bit of tension with the Ruffians at first, but 3 weeks of no TV, PlayStations, DS's, or computers did wonders for them (and Mom & Dad it the truth were told.)

I'll try to get a couple of pictures posted in a day or two, once I download all of them and have a chance to weed through them. The oldest 2 boys got to play with and spend a LOT of time with the friends they left behind when we moved out to Maine, while the youngest 2 got to meet some good kids at the campground and have adventures of their own.

It was refreshing enough that we are looking forward to the wifes contract ending here in Maine so we can return home to West Michigan, specifically Scottville. Where I grew up as a kid, and have family ties that run back 150 or 160 years. Plus the schools are so much better than up here, it would be wrong as a parent to keep them in an educational system that will not help them excel later in life.

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the well wishes and good thoughts on my trip. :asian:

Latest Discussions