OMG tremors in santa monica

Ella

<B>Banned User - Multiple Accounts / Previously Ba
Reaction score
I've never been in an earthquake... I moved from elsewhere in the US back in the end of may...

It wasn't anything big, but I've never experienced anything like that... it was terrifying... my heart is still going a mile a minute...

I feel stupid because I feel like crying

Mr. E

Blue Belt
Reaction score

Don't.

You were met by something you never experienced before. And people, many people, have died in earthquakes. You have reason to be afraid. People that go through them still get scared when they happen. They just get used to it and learn to move on. You need to learn to move on, you do not need to feel stupid.

I have cried for many reasons. I do not feel guilt for doing so and I do not feel stupid for it. It is emotion. You can't control emotion. You can only control what you will do despite the emotions you feel. If you live your life and keep growing, then you have learned and you have nothing to feel stupid or ashamed about.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Like Mr. E said, don't.

Crying would have been the least of my problems. My biggest problem would have been trying to locate a new pair of pants after the Earth done quaketh. (catch my drift ;) )

B

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*hugs*

It sounds like a very frightening thing, ESPECIALLY if you've never experienced it before. I'm sure tremors continue to shake up (no pun intended) even life long residents. Go ahead and cry! Get the tension out. Glad you're safe. :asian:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
*hugs*

It sounds like a very frightening thing, ESPECIALLY if you've never experienced it before. I'm sure tremors continue to shake up (no pun intended) even life long residents. Go ahead and cry! Get the tension out. Glad you're safe. :asian:

I am with Jade here and especially glad that you are safe!
icon6.gif

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ella,

What you feel is perfectly normal. I've lived here all my life and have been through some really big ones. I still get 'that feeling' when one hits.

Try not to let it bother you too much. Read up on how to protect yourself and your family during and after an earthquake. I know it sounds strange but I'd much rather go through an earthquake than a hurricane. If you have any questions or want to talk about it, we're here for you.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I, too, have grown up here on the West Coast all my life and been through some that certainly shake you up. There is nothing wrong with feeling scared, it's not normal for the ground to shake. Like mentioned previosly, read up on what can be done to protect yourself before and after, and there are definately things to know on how to protect yourself during.

Unfortunately, some people, like myself were raised with this situation and, to be honest, take them much too lightly. Although most of these 'shakers' are harmless, they can be very, very serious. Know what, when, where and how of the situation. And again, don't feel bad about feeling whatever it is ... go with it. We're here for support.

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*hugs*

Absolutely, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and cry. You're safe, that's the most important thing.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was born and raised in western Michigan. My first month stationed on Okinawa, there was a small earthquake. At least, my CA buddy told me it was small, barely noticeable. I freaked. It was the most profoundly disturbing thing I have ever experienced, and I vowed then and there that I would never live anywhere where earthquakes are a possibility. Give me tornados, floods, snow, hail, lightning, or anything else, but keep the ground steady. That is all I ask.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*hugs*

Jade outstanding post

Latest Discussions