Other Kenpo Forums

K

Kirk

Do any of you go to other forums? I've seen Mr Conatser,
Mr Simmons, and Gou on LOADS of them, but how 'bout anyone
else?

My personal favorite is this one right here, but I stray when
there's a lull in postings (like right now). I go to kenponet
when it's up :mad: and then only "play" in a lot of others.
Most of the others I get from visiting GD7's site, which has links
to a boat load of other forums.

Is there anything you like/dislike about the others? I personally
don't frequent ones that their most recent post was a MONTH
ago! I dig lots to read on the subject! Kenponet is fairly cool,
although there's a cyber fight breaking out at least once a week
there. Which at times can be fun to read too! :rofl:

Who do you like/dislike and why?

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
To be honest, I hate reading forums, they're a complete faff and it's really hard to see what you've read and what you haven't. I try and keep up to this one but I couldn't read anymore, I'd either forget or get too frustrated.

Unfortunately, the rec.martial-arts USENet group is terrible, it's full of spam, bickering and 'who could beat who in the UFC' threads, where as forums like this are full of genuine and interesting conversation (and genuine and interesting peeps come to think of it...), and there's lots to be learnt.

It's a shame really; if only I could point my news reader at the kenpo martial talk forum I'd be happy as Larry :)

Oh well, can't have everything I suppose!

Ian.

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
This is about the only one I'm on. I have checked out otherds along the way and sometimes they are fun along the way, I have rarely found them to be informative. My wife found this one and it took her 3 weeks to get me to check it out. I did and am quite happy here.
Just my $.02 (thats $3.00 Canadian:D )

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
... is the only other Forum I visit with any consistancy. I cannot even keep up with this one consistantly, but I do enjoy both. Ron Chapel, Frank Treho, Tom Kelly Jr., Ed Parker Jr., and Wes Idol are on KenpoNet fairly consistantly, so I like to stay in touch with them. Everyone know Ed Jr. is now a grandfather???? Man that makes me feel old.

Have fun, Keep it real,
Michael B.
UKS-Texas

OP
T

tonbo

Well, I'm only on here, for the time being......but that comment about all those major players being on Kenponet has me thinking.......

Hmmmm.....maybe I should hop over there as well......I'm always looking to learn more, ya know!!

Peace--

OP
T

tunetigress

Well of all the different forums and sites I visit, of course this particular forum is the best and my personal favourite. There is one other that I have found very informative, well moderated and quite large and active and that is the Uechi-Ryu one located here:

http://www.uechi-ryu.com/

The high point of Uechi-Ryu for me is they have a 'Women Only" Locker room which I am quite fond of visiting. They also have a very active Women in Martial Arts board which is open to all. They have lots of other different boards in there, so it is well worth a look.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I visit kenponet.com, I like their forum but not like this one. Umm, the IKKO forum, Tracy's forum and the IKKA are the others I visit too.

I like this one the most because of the way the posts are set up.
They are easy to read, you don't have to keep hitting links to see the next post. To me, MartialTalk rocks :D

:asian:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Of course you can visit any host of forums out there...... but the other than my own...... I have found this one to be excellent. I used to visit Kenpo-Net a lot but there are a lot of negative posters and hogwash ...... I frankly got tired of it. So I decided to share my thoughts with others that were much more respectful and interested in Kenpo vs. BS. Several of those big time posters don't post to awful much anymore. I will get some of them over here eventually.... :)

I like the moderators here and the format as well.

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

So I decided to share my thoughts with others that were much more respectful and interested in Kenpo vs. BS.

Thank you for that!

Several of those big time posters don't post to awful much anymore.

What a shame. So much info to be tapped, but flushed because
of politics.

OP
R

RCastillo

I'm gonna bring em all over here!!

Great, now this place is gonna be loaded with "Dysfunctional Kenpoists.:eek:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Klondike93

I visit kenponet.com, I like their forum but not like this one. Umm, the IKKO forum, Tracy's forum and the IKKA are the others I visit too.

I like this one the most because of the way the posts are set up.
They are easy to read, you don't have to keep hitting links to see the next post. To me, MartialTalk rocks :D

Thanks for visitng my forum! See, Mr. Conatser doesn't have a monopoly like he thinks he does!:argue:

OP
S

Sandor

Sorry to chime in so late on this thread. Life has been busy lately so I have't had a chance to visit a lot of the 'other' forums lately. After reading the previous posts though I just can't resist the temptation to put in a shamless plug for the site I run. So...

CKF Online has forums built into every item the site publishes.

There have been some really good threads posted as of late and all are welcome to join the site and participate. Heck, we even let Gou and Zoran run amok :p

Peace,
Sandor

Latest Discussions