Ortiz vs Shamrock rematch is off!

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tito has pulled out, no reason given as of yet but I am assuming it is his knee. Replacing Tito is Forrest Griffin who will now fight Ken Shamrock.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Tito has pulled out, no reason given as of yet but I am assuming it is his knee. Replacing Tito is Forrest Griffin who will now fight Ken Shamrock.

forest Griffin???what?he's no where near shamrocks level!!were did you read this?

Thats a shame I was looking forward to that fight.

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Odin said:
forest Griffin???what?he's no where near shamrocks level!!were did you read this?

Thats a shame I was looking forward to that fight.

From what I hear he gave Tito one hell of a good fight. Can't imagine he wouldn't try to do the same with Shamrock.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
green meanie said:
From what I hear he gave Tito one hell of a good fight. Can't imagine he wouldn't try to do the same with Shamrock.

I agree. Watching this fight, you could see the look of disgust on Shamrock and Lidells face when the decision was given to Tito. I'm sure that Forrest will give 110% in this match. I would've loved to see Ken and Tito fight again, but I'm looking forward to this fight as well!

Mike

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I really wanted to see tito and ken but I guess that is not going to happen again.
Terry

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tito beat Ken last time around and Forrest damn near beat Tito, so its not that bad of a choice....just goes to show, Forrest will fight anyone.

It has the potential to be a good fight. Forrest isn't as good as any of the guys he fights, he just stays in there and turns it into a good fight.

7sm

scottcatchot

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am a little disapointed. I wanted to see if Shamrock could redeem himself. I really like Forrest though.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rutherford said:
I wonder if Forest Griffin with get Tito's title shot if he beats Shamrock.

Not likely, Shamrock isn't really a top contender. Tito was only getting a title shot cause he's got good management. Beating Forrest and Ken would not have gotten anyone else a title shot.

Forrest has a few more fights too go before then. But then again if he does win, he'll be a big name fighter, actually he already is. UFC may wat to toss him in the deepend to push a PPV sooner then he should be in there...

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You're whole post is pretty much exactly what I was thinking, except I was also thinking that a lot of the fights seem to be based on what people want to see rather than what would be a good fight and who honestly deserves a title shot.

I don't think much of the UFC's fight matching.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Forrest vs Ken I think will be a good fight. Forrest asked for it, and I think he will win it. Ken's just not in his Prime anymore, he's not gonna still be going all out like Forrest does into the 3rd round....

But a title fight would be premature, for either Tito or Forrest.

Latest Discussions