only 1 month left

M

muayThaiPerson

im sorry to say that my Muay Thai membership expires on December 16. this is my 5th month of trainning.:( :(

i dont kno if i should find another art or continue in muay thai.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You need more patience, all arts require you to stick with it if you want to benefit from them. A year or 2 will give you a true sense of what an art is about and whether you want to stick with it. At our Muay Thai club you on't even get to do the fun stuff for the first year.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
By your comments you seem to love it.

If money isn't an issue keep it up. There will be plenty of times in your life when you will be forced to leave your school for one reason or another. Then is the ideal time for moving on.

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

well,i dont know for sure if im going back to muay thai but what i do know is im going to learn judo. if i go back to muay thai, then it would be great because i would be cross trainign

OP
J

J-kid

maybe take some grappling lessions after this .. Just a idea/

OP
A

Angus

Don't cross train until you have a solid base in MT. 5 months is hardly even a beginning, especially since it's your first martial art. Stick with it solely and focus on getting a strong, solid understanding and then move on to cross training. Do it too early and you'll never get proficient at EITHER art.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Angus

Don't cross train until you have a solid base in MT. 5 months is hardly even a beginning, especially since it's your first martial art. Stick with it solely and focus on getting a strong, solid understanding and then move on to cross training. Do it too early and you'll never get proficient at EITHER art.

I concur

7sm

Bod

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I also concur, except that judo is really great. It may get you hooked too.

OP
J

J-kid

Hey you never know some people pick up martial arts really fast, making it easyer to crosstrain. second off you can do both at once considering that they are inpacting to diffrent areas striking and grappling.,

OP
T

TkdWarrior

i agree with others...i started with MT did it for 2 n 1/2 years then changed it to TKD(cuz my teacher moved) n doin TKD from last 4 yrs... i hav a base in MT n TKD but cross trained in wrestling, WC n some other arts...
-TkdWarrior-

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

the judo classes are 1 day a week for 2.5 hours. i will also be attending them free of charge execpt uniform

OP
S

sammy3170

Originally posted by muayThaiPerson

well,i dont know for sure if im going back to muay thai but what i do know is im going to learn judo. if i go back to muay thai, then it would be great because i would be cross trainign

If you are meant to be there you will just know. There won't being a whole lot of umming and ahhing. Don't just go elsewhere after you cease training look around while you training and physically compare the two.

Cheers
Sammy

Latest Discussions