Online shotokan

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
so for the last few months since all this bs has started I've been doing some shotokan from videos...I did shotokan for a couple years about 30 years ago. So thought during this I may as well look at it again. I know I'm not going to be expert or anything but it's something to do and to engage the mind to try and learn something. Just gone through the first 2 katas. Funny how I can still slightly remember it still 30 years later

Karate student96

White Belt
Reaction score
I did ishinryu for years and have started relooking into those old forms just for the sake of it it

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
so for the last few months since all this bs has started I've been doing some shotokan from videos...I did shotokan for a couple years about 30 years ago. So thought during this I may as well look at it again. I know I'm not going to be expert or anything but it's something to do and to engage the mind to try and learn something. Just gone through the first 2 katas. Funny how I can still slightly remember it still 30 years later

I can't remember the forms we did at my old school at all. I remember the first exercise had 4x of down block and punch, but I don't remember the footwork (whether there were steps or just a block-punch combo, which direction and how you turn). I don't remember any of the others. Granted, I was 7 when I started and 11 when I quit.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Heian forms? They are very similar to TKD Pinan (Pyung An) form set.

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I used to do shotokan way back 2012 but i forgot since i started doing kenpo karate i quit when i had high orange because i moved back to my home town and they had kenpo karate school so i learn that i think kenpo karate helped me than shotokan

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nice... yeah some things just stick in the muscle memory hey.

Have been training a bit with these guys of late: Karate at Home

A Shotokan based group that formed during this time, really great and varied training.

Latest Discussions